Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Your gonna have to change your forum name now as with those parts fishtailing is a thing of the past!

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I'd be curious to know about the bk054 and bk055...still undecided on those two. What are their benefits and drawbacks?

I already have the cb005 and cb006. Planning on purchasing the FR toe bearing and BMR toe link, as Kelly suggested. I truly believe that deleting the eccentric bolt thing is a good idea, for this reason alone I chose BMR.

I kind of believe the bk055 should compliment the FR toe bearing well...but I need some confirmation on what exactly is does and any drawbacks (300 aint cheap!).

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your gonna have to change your forum name now as with those parts fishtailing is a thing of the past!
:thumbsup: Yea will have to.

I'd be curious to know about the bk054 and bk055...still undecided on those two. What are their benefits and drawbacks?

I already have the cb005 and cb006. Planning on purchasing the FR toe bearing and BMR toe link, as Kelly suggested. I truly believe that deleting the eccentric bolt thing is a good idea, for this reason alone I chose BMR.

I kind of believe the bk055 should compliment the FR toe bearing well...but I need some confirmation on what exactly is does and any drawbacks (300 aint cheap!).
Will update and review. I am pulling the steeda rear diff kit and trashing it to be replaced with the BMR rear diff kit. I am waiting on the Vertical links to be delivered and the work will begin.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

Will update and review. I am pulling the steeda rear diff kit and trashing it to be replaced with the BMR rear diff kit. I am waiting on the Vertical links to be delivered and the work will begin.
What did you dislike about the Steeda rear diff?

I'm not very knowledgeable about bushings and stuff, whats are the differences between Steeda and BMR's designs?

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

If you are trashing it, send it to me...

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What did you dislike about the Steeda rear diff?

I'm not very knowledgeable about bushings and stuff, whats are the differences between Steeda and BMR's designs?
The hardware.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

In terms of geometric control, the LCA bearing will take care of that. The toe links allow for much better/simpler adjustment and slip prevention (no eccentric bolt). I'd do the LCA bearing first, myself.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
The hardware.
So, you're replacing a poly insert with an aluminum insert just for the upgraded bolt? Won't you see a dramatic increase in noise? Why nut just upgrade the Steeda bolt?

In terms of geometric control, the LCA bearing will take care of that. The toe links allow for much better/simpler adjustment and slip prevention (no eccentric bolt). I'd do the LCA bearing first, myself.
Wondering if the BK055 is a sealed design? If not how long until the bearings start to get play and make noise?

Also - the FR toe bearing would, in theory, eliminate toe change relative to the control arm, no?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So, you're replacing a poly insert with an aluminum insert just for the upgraded bolt? Won't you see a dramatic increase in noise? Why nut just upgrade the Steeda bolt?

Wondering if the BK055 is a sealed design? If not how long until the bearings start to get play and make noise?

Also - the FR toe bearing would, in theory, eliminate toe change relative to the control arm, no?
Yes the FRPP toe bearing would take care of it. Toe links for peace of mind and adjustment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Noise does not bother me. In 90% of my cars I upgrade engine mounts which create lots of shake n noise. It just does not bother me. It excites me. :headbang:

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I have

installed the BMR TCA045 Vertical Links. It was an easy install I posted the process I followed. I think they help me in turns when I apply throttle. Don't do any burn outs so wheel hop is not an issue.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
The hardware.
lol you're obviously making reference to the sheared bolt in the other thread. I don't blame you for the concern, but the amount of shock and shear load on a bolt when wheel hoping like he did at the time it sheared is kind of a "tell-all" as to why it broke. Take anything that's supposed to remain static and cause it to shake violently. It will break eventually. Even BMR's.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I run BMRs delrin/bearing vertical link and front & rear swaybar end link kits. I run the STEEDA differential insert kits on Kelly's recommendation; mostly for a more compliant NVH. I did receive some upgraded hardware from him for it :headbang: ...recommendation & support even if its the competition. A Class Act to the fullest right there. :cheers:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0