BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Got one of the Cylindrical Race Gripper knobs from MGW! It feels fantastic and has a great OEM look to boot. The topper has the reverse on the wrong side but [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] will take care of that. I had the regular gripper knob before this but I like this one more. Great little upgrade and not very expensive either.

As expected, MGW customer service is top notch and I have a new topper on the way. The best!
0301181753.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Koni's or Bilstein

As I follow the Guard build, I've just installed progressive springs on Coyote Red. The Koni's I had on my 14 Cyclone were awesome and I had OE springs, w/J&M camber plates. Now I have camber bolts, BMR and want to do struts & adj. shocks. The spring Koni sale should be soon. More pics of the guard, please.
IMG_20180201_114508_490.jpg

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would go with Bilsteins for the springs that you have. Looks great! I'll get a few more pictures up.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
After all this time, finally got jacking rails on the car today. BMR Red CJR002 ultra low profile. Awesome product [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] :thumbsup:. They sit just a couple mm below the pinch weld. I had a little bit of a confusing moment at first because I didn't realize they were handed and tried installing the passenger side on the driver's side :headbonk:. The lengths and hole spacing is different.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
After all this time, finally got jacking rails on the car today. BMR Red CJR002 ultra low profile. Awesome product [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] :thumbsup:. They sit just a couple mm below the pinch weld. I had a little bit of a confusing moment at first because I didn't realize they were handed and tried installing the passenger side on the driver's side :headbonk:. The lengths and hole spacing is different.
I made my own and the steel is at least 10 mm above the pinch weld . Which I prefer .. the biggest challenge was getting the lengths and the mounting holes aligned to perfection .. painted them Ford Red which came out real close to Race Red . $32.60 for the suspension front strut to spindle bolts and nuts , rear cross member to body bolts .

Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Powerstop Track Day pads went on today, and flushed the whole system with Castrol SRF fluid. Holy braking power!

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Powerstop Track Day pads went on today, and flushed the whole system with Castrol SRF fluid. Holy braking power!
I have the street/track package linked below. I've only HPDE with the track pads once so far, but I like them too. They really grab. I like the Z26 street pads the kit came with too.

My kit came with solid rotors, which I like better than PowerStop's drilled/slotted. At first I had the drilled/slotted rotors with the Z23 pads (didn't like) and they moaned so I swapped out for this kit and glad I did. Personally I think the moan was the rotors.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8110432&cc=3307633&jsn=1

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the street/track package linked below. I've only HPDE with the track pads once so far, but I like them too. They really grab. I like the Z26 street pads the kit came with too.

My kit came with solid rotors, which I like better than PowerStop's drilled/slotted. At first I had the drilled/slotted rotors with the Z23 pads (didn't like) and they moaned so I swapped out for this kit and glad I did. Personally I think the moan was the rotors.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8110432&cc=3307633&jsn=1
Good to know! So far I'm very impressed with their street manners too. A little bit of squeal on light brake application if cold but I've definitely heard worse. Once it actually warms up it should be better. Bedding these things in was an interesting adventure.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Good to know! So far I'm very impressed with their street manners too. A little bit of squeal on light brake application if cold but I've definitely heard worse. Once it actually warms up it should be better. Bedding these things in was an interesting adventure.
Track pads daily? You're a madman! :D I drove with them for a few days when I first installed them and a day before and after HPDE. As long as no one jumps in the driver's seat and without knowing jams on the brakes, it's good. A little noise for sure.

Bedding them was the best part! Mexico industrial park here I come! Once bedded the Track and Z26 will interchange without bedding again, they use similar materials pad compounds.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Track pads daily? You're a madman! :D I drove with them for a few days when I first installed them and a day before and after HPDE. As long as no one jumps in the driver's seat and without knowing jams on the brakes, it's good. A little noise for sure.

Bedding them was the best part! Mexico industrial park here I come! Once bedded the Track and Z26 will interchange without bedding again, they use similar materials pad compounds.
Yep! I definitely will consider this if need be.

This car is going to be a 3 season daily from here on out, so I don't need to worry about cold weather performance so much.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't resist taking a picture when the sun hits it so right. :love:
0330181644~2_20180330173310102_20180330173501017.jpg

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's the problem with guard. Everyone things it's gray until the sun is out.
Totally worth it though. Love this color.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Added Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram air in silver. I'll get a pic soon!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Make it like that last pic you posted, I've never seen the color come through so well as that shot.

How much brake fluid did you need to flush the whole system? I'm assuming it is the same as what I've seen from previous years where they recommend to get 2L just to not worry.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Make it like that last pic you posted, I've never seen the color come through so well as that shot.

How much brake fluid did you need to flush the whole system? I'm assuming it is the same as what I've seen from previous years where they recommend to get 2L just to not worry.
If you get a full liter it's just enough, but buying two is cheap insurance (unless you get Castrol SRF like me lol).
Sponsored