Sponsored

Blue smoke out of exhaust

transitmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 ingot premium eb pp manual
I bought the one from ebay ( no name brand) and I have no smoke whatsoever. Have over 1000 miles on it since install. However there was someone else who bought it and said there car was smoking after install. I guess each car is different when it comes to smoking or not. Why every car doesn't smoke after the same mod install makes no sense to me.
What's your weather been like up there? Using the A/C is a factor I believe
Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
there's a check valve i use to use on my SRT4 that was dirt cheap that we all used. Cant remember who made it but it was cheap and held good. Searching through 6k worth of post to try and find out what it was lol

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
there's a check valve i use to use on my SRT4 that was dirt cheap that we all used. Cant remember who made it but it was cheap and held good. Searching through 6k worth of post to try and find out what it was lol
BWoody?

IM2WRXY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 15 Ecoboost Mustang
just an FYI
I am piecing together a breather set up using the PERM PCV plate with dual cans similar to a Mazdaspeed 3 configuration

I just swapped out my FMIC and charge pipes last night
Also pulled the intake manifold back to look for any oil residue

after 3000 miles+, everything was bone dry
I currently have no oil catch can of any kind and the car doesn't smoke at all

I'll still push forward with my breather set up but after looking at the condition of my intake manifold, throttle body, and IC pipes....I'm not in a hurry to do so
Having the same smoke issue. Took 1+ hours to read this entire thread. Standing by for your fix. Thanks!

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I would rather go with an option that is reversible. So I am also waiting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
How do you remove the PCV from the car; from underneath? Removing the IM and if so how many bolts are there-I removed the top 4 and it does not move; or do you guys remove the plate and if so how do you remove the plate, from underneath the car?

IM2WRXY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 15 Ecoboost Mustang
I took my downpipe off for now and no more smoke. I may try the PCV fix but I'm more inclined to wait for Whoosh's fix.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
I see that some of you have gutted the internals of the PCV valve and have been successful, however will the increase flow through the crankcase have negative effects on lubrication of the cams valves etc?

Have anyone notice weather there is a one way mechanism built into the valve cover port that would prevent back flow going into the valve cover from the turbo? (I know it would almost never happen, but you cant put anything pass the OEMs ;) hence the predicament that we are in)

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
I see that some of you have gutted the internals of the PCV valve and have been successful, however will the increase flow through the crankcase have negative effects on lubrication of the cams valves etc?

Have anyone notice weather there is a one way mechanism built into the valve cover port that would prevent back flow going into the valve cover from the turbo? (I know it would almost never happen, but you cant put anything pass the OEMs ;) hence the predicament that we are in)
be careful what is being done , only ones gutting the PCV valves are ones with a CC that has a one way valve, so the one way check valve is there PCV .
You can't gut PCV w/o adding the one way check valve (car wouldn't even run right) .
no worries of reversing on the breather side .

Just so you know normal air route is at idle PCV draws air from crankcase(PCV to IM) , which pulls from the turbo inlet to breather hose to valve cover .
Under boost PCV should close and air is drawn from valve cover breather hose to turbo inlet .

Sponsored

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
Is there a one stop product to fix this issue? I see CP-e was talking about something in this thread but nothing on this front for a bit.

Thanks!

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Well for one, can the PCV valve be removed with the intake manifold in place or does the intake have to be unbolted and removed for access?
And two, by "gutting the pcv", does it mean drilling a hole on the crankcase box side of the PCV valve to remove the valve internals to just completely remove the inside or is there something that has to be left inside of the valve still??
I have access to a lift, so idk if that will make it easier to remove if needed
thanks for the info btw in advance..
oh and btw.. I will be buying the upr dual valve catch can so Im waiting to purchase those and perform the "gutting" until I purchase the can. Any specials going on around? lol I need to buy it still

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Well for one, can the PCV valve be removed with the intake manifold in place or does the intake have to be unbolted and removed for access?
And two, by "gutting the pcv", does it mean drilling a hole on the crankcase box side of the PCV valve to remove the valve internals to just completely remove the inside or is there something that has to be left inside of the valve still??
I have access to a lift, so idk if that will make it easier to remove if needed
thanks for the info btw in advance..
oh and btw.. I will be buying the upr dual valve catch can so Im waiting to purchase those and perform the "gutting" until I purchase the can. Any specials going on around? lol I need to buy it still
When you get to gutting it, can you shoot a video and upload it for others?

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk
Sponsored