• Total voters

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
I'm trying to nail down a color for aftermarket wheels by polling forum users. Right now I've got the OEM silver/black 18x8 wheels. They're not horrible looking, but I do want to switch to aftermarket wheels with summer-only tires. I'll be keeping the OEM set to put on for the few months each year we get temps down below 40F and occasional light snow, which is usually just December through February here in central North Carolina.

I have silver MMD V Series stripes on the car as well. I've gotten many compliments on how good the stripes look with DIB. While I would prefer to keep them, I'm not against removing the stripes if I fell in love with darker wheels that didn't look right together with them. As far as style goes, I've yet to nail that option down, but I'm leaning towards 5, 7 or 9 spoke options like the Rovos Durban, Niche Verona or TSW Interlagos. I haven't decided on a wheel size either, but I know it will be either 19 or 20-inch. No real preference on square or staggered as far as looks go, but the ability to rotate all four tires on a squared setup is making me lean that direction.

Thanks in advance for voting and sharing input.

Current situation (my photo)

A better shot of the stripes (my photo)

I've scoured the far reaches of the Internet and these forums for pictures of those "magical" wheels that just click for me, but have yet to discover them. A couple people in my local Mustang club said that the silver Ford Performance Pack wheels would look perfect with my stripes, so that's an option. I've seen some gunmetal and black wheels that I like really well though too and I don't think they'd go well with silver stripes. If I do go the black/charcoal wheel route, I will definitely swap out the silver stripes for something else, likely matte black with a pinstripe of some sort. I do like what [MENTION=13551]suckerv[/MENTION] did with the matte black stripes and red pinstripes. The main drawback I have for silver wheels is having to keep them clean from brake dust and general road dirt. I HATE cleaning my wheels. The wheels I go with will determine a LOT of other cosmetic choices I make with the car, which is why I'm so determined (and undecided) to find that perfect color.

Anyway, here's the poll choices (attached photos) for the color options I'm looking at. Again, I'm ignoring wheel style and size for now. Please vote accordingly. I do not own or claim copyright to any of the three attached photos.

Option 1: Black Wheels (Gloss or matte doesn't matter)

Option 2: Charcoal/Anthracite/Gunmetal

Option 3: Silver
$Deep-Impact-Blue-Ford-Mustang-Ecoboost-Side.jpg
CERb5HBXIAAhYy5.jpg large.jpg
122733_800px.jpg
Sponsored

Vader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Voted for gunmetal and size 20s. As far as the stripes go if you go the gunmetal route I'd remove them since they are silver.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Gun metal as well. I don't really like silver on any color. Too much of a stick look despite the size.

You missed the AM wheel sale. They had sets with tires starting at $700.

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
You missed the AM wheel sale. They had sets with tires starting at $700.
I saw the sale, but ended up not getting anything. Within the last few weeks, I've dropped about $1,200 on the car for tints, a CAI, SCT tuner, JLT catch can and a couple other things, so I'm pretty much tapped out for the month unless I want to end up sleeping on the couch. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I said black but gunmetal or brushed nickel looks sick too.

Last edited:

HectorC978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT PP
Voted for gunmetal, just love the look!

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I like the silver stripes & the silver wheels. The double spokes of either the stock wheels or the silver option both look great.

But then again, I'm kinda partial to silver on blue... :lol:

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I saw the sale, but ended up not getting anything. Within the last few weeks, I've dropped about $1,200 on the car for tints, a CAI, SCT tuner, JLT catch can and a couple other things, so I'm pretty much tapped out for the month unless I want to end up sleeping on the couch. :D
I see you are wise my friend. Space it out. :lol:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
silver looks like wheels from the 90s to me. Dark gray is a lot more modern looking

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Here's a pic I found of the silver PP wheels on a DIB convertible. Hmm...while they would match my stripes, those wheels are BRIGHT! (and would be a pain to keep clean) :cool:

Also, after looking through more wheel pics this evening, I'm now about 80% sure that I want traditional looking 5-spoke wheels as opposed to the more euro-styled 7, 9 or 10-spoke. While Ford made the S550 appear more "sports car" and less "muscle car" than previous versions, I feel it still looks sharp and powerful with 5-spokes. Still room to change my mind though. :D
2015-Ford-Mustang-convertible-at-the-2014-Paris-Motor-Show.jpg

Last edited:

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Wrong car color but this....

pics.