Sponsored

Black spots on paint

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
I am starting to get patches with black spots as in the picture below on the hood.

Its not rough nor does it feel uneven when i run my fingers over it. Somehow it feels like its part of the paint. I only use V07 apart from shampoo.

The road quality is good here, so I dont think it is tar. I have tried wd40 on a small area but it didnt work. Dealer says polishing will get it out.

I have 2 queries:

1. What could they be? This is critical so I can avoid whats causing them.
2. Options to remove them
image.jpeg
image.jpg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How old is the car? How was it transported? Any chance its rail dust embedded in the paint that is rusting? Does claying remove them? If its something getting on the car and you can't figure it out, I'd at least put a sealer on the paint until you do figure it out.

OP
OP

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
thank you for your response. The car is 7 months old. I am based in Dubai so my assumption is rail, road, sea & then road for transportation?

what kind of sealers are recommended? any threads here I can read for reviews?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Look for a polymer sealant. Lots of good ones. Here is one: http://www.amazon.com/Blackfire-Diamond-Finish-Paint-Protection/dp/B005QAG2EW

Prices vary as does ease of use. That one is extremely easy to use by hand. It only takes a nickle size dollop per panel and wipes off after hazing with almost no pressure. You can almost just drag a microfiber over it. Some are very particular about the timing between application and wiping. That one doesn't care if you leave it setting for hours.

Don't seal whatever that is in. Get it off/out before sealing those areas. I assume you have tried washing and cleaner waxes. See if clay removed the spots. If not paint correction may be needed (remove clear coat to the depth of the spots).

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
where is it parked? looks a little like stuff i get on my cars when the trees start sapping out.

Sponsored

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
try a clay bar, it removes all types of contaminant's on paint.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This my go to product for this sort of thing: Griot's Complete Compound.

It's a "polishing compound" with enough micro abrasion to remove oxidization, stains, and even pretty severe defects and damage. It's highly reviewed and used by major car and show participants for a reason. Unlike some other of the same type product, it's easily applied/removed by hand and can be used with OBs as well - and it's even super inexpensive as high quality car care products go. Available on Amazon or in most chain part stores.

Sponsored