Sponsored

BLACK S550 MUSTANG Thread

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Love the Black Beauty, random pic from my phone outside the pet shop today.....loving my new GT350 Track Pack spoiler......nice
20210415_172211.jpg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I started with a Performance Pack car as well. The easiest path to the big brake upgrade is the GT350R kit along with the wheel packackage, highly recommended are a set of lowering springs and caster camber plates. Shocks and struts would be good at the same time since everything will be taken apart. Be aware though your looking at about a $6,500 to $7,000 budget for the project.
20200513_181413.jpg
Does anyone know the specs for these wheels, size and model?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
😁 playing with the mini 2 and a lil editing.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Here is my new S550 black on black on black. I love the sinister look of this car, but I am already sick of washing it. I have washed it or detailed it more than I have driven it, just trying to keep it looking good. (I live in bug central in the middle of farm country, and have an 800' gravel driveway)

Here is is after a quick wash yesterday. When I left work, I noticed some bumps covering every square inch of the car. It felt rough like sandpaper. I have no idea what it was, it was washed Sunday night so it had to have happened while sitting at work. Some of it took a good amount of scrubbing to get off. The worst part is, I washed and dried it, fully knowing there is a chance of rain today. I just couldn't let whatever was all over it sit on my paint.
stable.jpg

Sponsored

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Who has done ceramic coating on their black car? I am considering it, just to help protect against swirl marks bug guts and water spots from destroying my paint. From those of you that have it, does it seem like it was a good investment?

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Who has done ceramic coating on their black car? I am considering it, just to help protect against swirl marks bug guts and water spots from destroying my paint. From those of you that have it, does it seem like it was a good investment?
I had ceramic applied by a local shop about 8 months ago, went with the 5 year coverage that cost about $650 for the initial application and requires a maintenance coat to be applied every year (not due yet so cost unknown). It didn't need a lot of the prep that an older car/paint may need before the ceramic can be applied, which kept some of the initial costs down.

The shine and hydroscopic quality was excellent at first. Easier to wash and dry, bugs don't stick as much, if it isn't too dirty I can just rinse it off at those manual car washes with the pressurized wand (NO SOAP) and it will look just fine. You will still get water spots but they wipe off easily. Fingerprints or touch points are more noticeable though. After 3-4 months the shine and ease of cleaning was still there but the water repellant quality started to diminish, which was quicker than I expected, so I use a spray detailer thats safe for ceramic coatings every now and again which keeps that hydro quality rejuvenated. The surface is now so slick I cant put the cover on by myself cause the damn thing slides right off.

I feel it was a good investment but just know its not a "do it once, nothing ever sticks and forget about it" kinda thing like the ads imply and if your going to do it, you have to take care of it for it to last.
1) You have to use PH balanced soap like McGuire's Gold or similar. If you use Dawn, the soap at a car wash or something non-ph balanced it will take some of the ceramic coating off and reduce the effectiveness.
2) Use the two bucket cleaning method and only microfibre cloths. When you dry the microfibre, don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets, that takes away its qualities.
2) You still need to recharge the ceramic every now and again, most easily done with a ceramic detailer spray.

My opinion is if you're going to care for the coating its worthwhile, just let the shop see it first because if you need a lot of paint correction beforehand it can get costly. If your just a "wash it and forget it" kinda guy (no offense) then it wont be.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Got out of my daughters cricket training tonight to find a bad pony parked next to us.....Black cars stick together

20210503_194955.jpg
20210503_184327.jpg