20210312_195140.jpg

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I got some shiny new shoes for black beauty. Gonna clean her up tomorrow and ceramic coat the wheels. Next week clay bar, paint correct and then some.

4FEA7491-EAD0-4E52-97C5-CDAB8D1E4091.jpeg

CC85BC92-22F8-4DC5-B4CB-64B38F0E3C7E.jpeg

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I firmly believe the ceramic coating makes all the difference in washing her and keeping her clean. Super happy about the results!
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg
OK so your car looks great, and several others in this thread too. It seems harder to really make black shine like this than other colors. If anyone would like to share their secrets on specifically making black cars shine I'd love to hear them, it's so easy for black to look dull and blah. Just ordered a black Mach 1 and really had a hard time picking a color because of not being sure I'd be able to keep it looking like this!

Sponsored

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
OK so your car looks great, and several others in this thread too. It seems harder to really make black shine like this than other colors. If anyone would like to share their secrets on specifically making black cars shine I'd love to hear them, it's so easy for black to look dull and blah. Just ordered a black Mach 1 and really had a hard time picking a color because of not being sure I'd be able to keep it looking like this!
Wash every week with a foam gun and double buckets. Mr pink car wash and quite a few microfiber towels. Torque detail spray every other wash. Every 3 months deep wash and rewax. Cant spend too much time on the maintinance. I would love ceramic coating just out of my budget for now.
20210204_091915.jpg

jaybone.mc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 6MT
Ditto what Jennings stated. Two bucket method and detailing spray with microfiber in between washes. If you can do ceramic I would highly recommend.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I try to wash mine every chance I get. I also use TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray every few months. It keeps it shiny and easy to dry after washing. Eventually I’d like to try their new graphene products.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I agree - I was hesitant on a black Mach 1...I'm planning to clay bar and probably a sealant wax (Blackfire Hybrid?) the week I get the car. I really don't want to spend 1K+ on ceramic...i'll just wax myself.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Opti coat was the best think I could have done to my black mustang. 50000km later and it still looks hot, worth every cent of the $700 bucks it cost me nearly 5yrs ago
20200916_201157.jpg

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I agree - I was hesitant on a black Mach 1...I'm planning to clay bar and probably a sealant wax (Blackfire Hybrid?) the week I get the car. I really don't want to spend 1K+ on ceramic...i'll just wax myself.
Guys who are really into detailing have pooh-poohed me for saying this but I use the Adams SiO ceramic kit and it works great. Apparently it’s not “real” ceramic or something. Anyways I messaged Adams and they said they have a new graphene kit they’d reccommend for a new black car. Don’t know what graphene is but I’ll probably try it.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Opti coat was the best think I could have done to my black mustang. 50000km later and it still looks hot, worth every cent of the $700 bucks it cost me nearly 5yrs ago
20200916_201157.jpg
Looks great.
Did you put some tint over the orange reflector in the lower rear? I have been wondering what I am going to do about that when i get mine.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Looks great.
Did you put some tint over the orange reflector in the lower rear? I have been wondering what I am going to do about that when i get mine.
Yeah, and the rear, looks heaps better i think. Its special tint I got from the mob that tinted the windows. The good thing is the tint does NOT effect the reflective qualities of the reflectors. Not sure of the details of the tint though as it was just given to me

Last edited:

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
The good thing is the tint does effect the reflective qualities of the reflectors.
Do you mean the tint does not effect the reflective qualities?
I assume its only the ones on the back that are reflectors, the ones on the side should be ok to cover as i dont think there are any ADR's for side reflectors in AUS?

I wasnt going to worry about the rear ones (red i think), because they are pretty low down, and because I am getting a gloss back GT badge on the rear and also some smoked lens covers for the rear lights, I dont want to give the wollopers any reason to stick me with a fine!

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Ha ha ha yes that's what I meant :crazy:
Sponsored