OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
After 10 years of chopping and changing weekend toys, I have promised my wife the Mustang will be a keeper.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Black roof I thinks looks great as breaks up the colour a bit, but then im a bit biased!Black roof looks even better with the black GT alloys. Stripes can look good if subtle and faded but some just look OTT

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Pair it with black mirrors and gloss black outer plastics all round and that would look killer.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Probably a valid consideration in sunny Southern California, but bear in mind
that the OP is in Scotland, where a 'heat magnet' would be more than welcome!
oh yeah...forgot about location. good point lol. yes, here it would not be ideal.

OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
oh yeah...forgot about location. good point lol. yes, here it would not be ideal.
I’m sure the air con seats will be more than up to the job of keeping us cool :D

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I love the black roof look. My own dilemma has been whether to go for stripes, black roof, or stripes and black roof on my race red. I’m off to a local tint/wrap company for a quote tomorrow.

If you’re buying new I personally wouldn’t add the black roof as a £500 option. While paint would be a slightly better finish, getting it wrapped afterwards would be cheaper and give you the option of removing it (might help when you eventually come to sell?).

Watch out for the total price going over that new £40k threshold for the £140 per year figure too. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a nice discount, but that £500 might tip you over if you add other options too, based on the rrp prices.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Probably a valid consideration in sunny Southern California, but bear in mind
that the OP is in Scotland, where a 'heat magnet' would be more than welcome!
image2.jpg

OTT stripe and black accents for comparison purposes.
Don't just be sneaking in with your logic and great advice. Introduce yourselves new posters ;) :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Edit: and great cars...

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
I think Grabber Blue has been discontinued by the way for 2018. So, if you're looking at the 15-17s, I suspect there won't be too many to pick from?

]

Yep i grabbed my Grabber Blue early Jan..I think a few of the `lurkers` will be disappointed.. Its already gone up in value.:lol:
and possibly if sales get wind only a few Grabber Blue left...then i can see no deals to be had... (i saved over ÂŁ2k)..:thumbsup:

Only reason i re- decided to buy the S550GT was that the colour became available.
Personally i am glad i didnt buy last year, as i would of gone magnetic i reckon, and just too many metalic grey cars on the road to get noticed..

Yes wrap the roof... i dont understand why anyone would pay Ford ÂŁ500 for a roof or stripes, when they can be done professionally for ÂŁ200ish..

Not sure i am gonna do the roof with mine...need to live with it a bit longer in the warmer weather so i can decide on things..
I personally like to do a job once, without making any rash decisions..:frusty:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Because paint is a better finish and a more long term solution. You may have to tell insurance company about a wrap. If you have any issues with the paint it’s fully warranted by Ford, if you have a wrap over it then Ford may say this caused the issue. If you come to sell it and the buyer wants the wrap removed it could leave the paint on the roof a different shade to the rest of the car. Buyers prefer factory options than after market
For the sake of another ÂŁ300 on a ÂŁ40k car you may as well get it done properly.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure i spoke to a few guys who had factory black roof and it was actually a wrap? (one guy was adamant it was). I've not looked close enough to an OEM.
Sponsored