Sponsored

Black Emblems from CJPP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a set of black emblems for my 2016 GT and I really like them! I have a slight issue wth the front pony however. It seems the tail of the pony has decided to come unstuck. I prepped the area (and in all honesty went a bit overboard) and I even used adhesive applicator because it was attaching to plastic. Is there anything I can do about this or should I contact CJPP?

Also, do those little red stickers on the 5.0 hold well? They don't look like they do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
D'oh!!

I followed the video that CJPP did and I didn't need see him use them. If I install retainers, will it hold that piece in even though the tape is backing off?

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So upon checking, it seems that the ponytail logo's pegs are extremely short. To the point where they hardly stick out from the back of the grille. Is that sufficient enough to use the retainers?

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Same exact problem on my CJPP front emblem. I prepped and even held the emblem FIRMLY on the grille for a few minutes to make sure it would stick...

Sponsored

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same exact problem on my CJPP front emblem. I prepped and even held the emblem FIRMLY on the grille for a few minutes to make sure it would stick...
Yes I didn't that same for all my emblems! I was paranoid about this and did absolutely everything I could to prevent it and it still happened! I contacted CJPP to see if anything can be done because I fear this thing is going to fall of soon. It's come off more this morning when I checked.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I have the same problem. My rear GT has done the same and when I pulled up my car cover last week the rear GT fell off the car. For me the double sided sticky tape is pulling away from the emblem not the car.

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I got the whole CJPP black emblem kit. the rear decklid "GT" emblem seems to be getting ever so slightly worse. I hand wash the car and live in pretty mild conditions. we will see how it goes...I love the way these look, they just dont seem to warrant the $50+ per emblem

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Upon further review, it seems the tape has actually backed off of the pony. It adhered to my grille perfectly but is slowly coming off of the pony. And now my GT emblem is beginning to do the same. This isn't the quality I expected for $174 worth of plastic and tape. And unfortunately this is my first purchase from CJPP. Hopefully their customer service rocks or else this will also be my last purchase.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Upon further review, it seems the tape has actually backed off of the pony. It adhered to my grille perfectly but is slowly coming off of the pony. And now my GT emblem is beginning to do the same. This isn't the quality I expected for $174 worth of plastic and tape. And unfortunately this is my first purchase from CJPP. Hopefully their customer service rocks or else this will also be my last purchase.
This is quite upsetting to hear! This was going to be my very first mod but now I'm re-thinking even pulling the stock emblems off. Is this a common prob with all black emblems? I was considering the actual Ford licensed "black out" package emblems...

Sponsored
OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's really odd because my 5.0 emblems are holding just as well as the factory ones. It's the front and back ones that are messing up. I contacted CJPP and sent pictures so I'll update this when I get an answer from them. This really shouldn't be happening considering the price for the item. I have a backup plan in case CJPP doesn't fix the issue and my front emblem falls off but I'd rather not resort to that.

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So it seems CJPP authorized a return for me. I'll have to remove the current emblems, drive around without a front or back emblem for like a week and look like a moron, and then get my new ones. Hopefully those will work out.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Checked mine this morning an I'm noticing the same thing. Tail portion of both pony emblems is loose and the 5.0 badges are doing fine

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm not trying to steer anyone away from CJ Pony but I wanted red badges and at the time no one had them, so I bought the matte black emblems from MAK and painted them red. They've been going strong for two years and still look like the day I stuck them on. It is a good option for those that haven't pulled the trigger yet. UPR sells the actual Ford black emblems I believe.
Sponsored