• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Black Brembos from a 2019 PP2

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I ended up buying the Bullitt front rears from Steeda. It was the best price out there, but after over a month wait I got all the parts except the LR caliper. It's really not Steedas fault being they get them from Ford. But at this point I think Steeda should not state they have them and after an order announce out of stock.
I do have someone willing to wait to buy my black Brembos
Just curious but would it not have been cheaper/easier to just get your calipers painted red?
Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Aren't the bullitt brakes/calipers different than pp2? Pp2 has different part numbers than pp1 and i think the breaks are 1-2mm thicker.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Aren't the bullitt brakes/calipers different than pp2? Pp2 has different part numbers than pp1 and i think the breaks are 1-2mm thicker.
All GT cars have the same rear brakes and all front Brembos are the same. Just a color difference.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
maybe, don't know but I am sure your original brakes worked fine and once red no one would know the difference.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All GT cars have the same rear brakes and all front Brembos are the same. Just a color difference.
All GTs don't have brembos...just pp and bullitt. But someone confirmed here that part numbers are different for pp2

Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just curious but would it not have been cheaper/easier to just get your calipers painted red?
It would have. But I know the paint on the "factory" Bullitt calipers are better than painting them. And I was selling the black PP2 Calipers anyways. So It wasn't that bad.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
All GTs don't have brembos...just pp and bullitt. But someone confirmed here that part numbers are different for pp2
I can see how my post may have been confusing. All GT cars have the same rear brakes (that are not made by Brembo) and all front Brembos are the same. Just a color difference.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
[QUOTE="danno1, post: 3312601, member: 57365"
It would have. But I know the paint on the "factory" Bullitt calipers are better than painting them. And I was selling the black PP2 Calipers anyways. So It wasn't that bad.
[/QUOTE]

I think the coating is actually a powder coat which is much more durable than paint.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I did the same, replaced my 2020 GT PP2 brake calipers with the red Bullitt calipers. (I did it years ago also on my old 2017 GT, so I have now bought two sets of Bullitt calipers.) My car is magnetic metallic and replaced the OEM grey wheels with the Ford Performance versions in black. I think they look great.

Cheaper, yes, but no way would it have been easier, at least not for me. I HATE painting anything! (The trim on my house has needed painting for the last two years, still haven't done it, plan on hiring someone to do it once the summer heat is over, I don't want to paint!) Figure paint is only as good as its prep, and since I don't have the patience to prep, I know it would have turned out looking like crap. Replacing parts was easier for me. Plus I also feel the Bullitt calipers coating would hold up better then any paint I could apply in my garage. Selling all my stock calipers locally paid for over half the cost of the Bullitt calipers.

I guess I could have pulled all the calipers off and took them somewhere to have painted or powder coated, but then my car would have had to sit on jack stands for a few days. Probably took me less then three hours to swap all the calipers and bleed the brakes, and that was with a couple of breaks, then maybe another hour to bleed the brakes again after a test drive. Even if I painted them myself, I bet money it would have taken longer, since you have to wait for the paint to dry.

Doug

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I painted mine and threw on some stickers. $50 bucks and some tape.

Folks
I want to get the fronts and rear red Brembos that are on the Bullitt. I have Black Brembos from my 2019 PP2 they have only 5K miles on them.
Looking to swap if you don't care for the red/green look.
0_20201010_164223.jpg

2_20201010_164218.jpg

4_20201010_164119.jpg

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Well after WAITING for ALL the parts from Steeda regarding ordering the Bullitt red Calipers I had to order the last left rear caliper from a dealer and cancel it from Steeda.

Got them on and couldn't be happier! Makes the brakes pop out now!

Mustang.jpg

Mustang Side.jpg
I think they look great with the white. Just a touch of color in all the black & white. Looks better than the combo of red with Bright Highland Green, IMO. As for painting vs swapping, the swap was a much better way to go.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I think they look great with the white. Just a touch of color in all the black & white. Looks better than the combo of red with Bright Highland Green, IMO. As for painting vs swapping, the swap was a much better way to go.
Thanks for the kind words everyone

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Red calipers will definitely set off any color IMO. There are also other colors that can work too, but red will always give that sexy pop to some wheels.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The different part numbers delineate the color.