2015 GT Premium

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Sorry, dude. Cyclists are seriously just the worst; every time I see one on the street I just want to ram into them. Which is actually a pretty common sentiment:
I have a bike now but use it on trails. Even though I own a bike now I still dislike certain bikers. Because for me the ones that have always pissed me off are the ones that get out in the middle of the friggin' road going slow as hell and don't care what kind of traffic is backed up behind them....plus the ones that don't obey traffic rules like running through red lights and stop signs or using hand signals for turns. Its these bikers that give bikers in general a bad name.
As far as I'm concerned roads were built for cars... NOT bikes and I still think this way even though I now own a bike. If I am ever on the road I always try to leave as much room as possible for cars.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I think the best solution to carrying bikes is the sea sucker mount. East to instal and the key here is...easy to uninstall in seconds! No racks or cross bars left! The have a mount for two bikes and front wheel holder mount as well. Compared to a Yakima or Thule rack which is about 200 for base bars and rack and then another couple hundred for the trays and locks the sea sucker seems like a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like a neat idea, but I'd be real concerned about the stability. The mount has to flex if its based a suction cup type device, and if it flexes, then I wonder how much can it handle before it breaks suction? I'd hate to have my bike get pitched into traffic...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have a bike now but use it on trails. Even though I own a bike now I still dislike certain bikers. Because for me the ones that have always pissed me off are the ones that get out in the middle of the friggin' road going slow as hell and don't care what kind of traffic is backed up behind them....plus the ones that don't obey traffic rules like running through red lights and stop signs or using hand signals for turns. Its these bikers that give bikers in general a bad name.
As far as I'm concerned roads were built for cars... NOT bikes and I still think this way even though I now own a bike. If I am ever on the road I always try to leave as much room as possible for cars.
My big problem with cyclists is that they don't follow the road rules that everyone else does, and so they'll go right through red lights when you're trying to cross the street and nearly run into you; they'll squeeze around cars stuck in traffic and ACTUALLY run into your stopped car; they'll cut in front of you to make turns against traffic when you're cruising along and you have to slam on your brakes to keep from hitting them... and also when cyclists get together in large groups and block people from driving at all, like this:

Sponsored

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
Seems like a neat idea, but I'd be real concerned about the stability. The mount has to flex if its based a suction cup type device, and if it flexes, then I wonder how much can it handle before it breaks suction? I'd hate to have my bike get pitched into traffic...
It doesnt work like a suction cup. Its a a vacuum mount. How's this for stability

[ame]

[ame]

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
My big problem with cyclists is that they don't follow the road rules that everyone else does, and so they'll go right through red lights when you're trying to cross the street and nearly run into you; they'll squeeze around cars stuck in traffic and ACTUALLY run into your stopped car; they'll cut in front of you to make turns against traffic when you're cruising along and you have to slam on your brakes to keep from hitting them... and also when cyclists get together in large groups and block people from driving at all, like this:

Stop generalizing dude. Riding in the city and certain areas is dangerous for cyclists. Too close too cars and there is a great chance you will get doored. As a cyclist you have to drive defensively otherwise its easy to not be scene and get hit. Thats a bike tour. Pretty sure a parade of people in the streets will do the exact same. Go get a paypal account and go on ebay and buy a bike, maybe you will like it.

ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
"Why would you have a bicycle if you already have a car? Bikes are for people too young or too poor to own a car."

To the writer of the above comment - you are a dope.

- ranchero -

ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thank you to the OP for these photos. I appreciate your effort. I ride a street touring bike and do want to carry it in the back. I prefer to remove the front wheel, left pedal, saddle/seat post plus twist the handlebars/stem 90 degrees. I shove the bike in my existing cars with the rear wheel attached and up against the right front seat of the car.

Your photos make me think I will be able to get my bike in the Mustang coupe I've ordered - when it arrives. Thanks again.

- ranchero -

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I got my Pugsley (with fenders) into the trunk of a Cadillac ATS over the weekend, with the front wheel off and the bars turned. It barely fit, and maybe a larger frame size wouldn't. It looks like there's actually more room available in the S550. Right now, I use a trailer hitch carrier on my '99, but its nice to know I could potentially lock the bike up in the car. The hitch rack is convenient, but not particularly secure...

Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
and also when cyclists get together in large groups and block people from driving at all, like this:

Sounds like a lot of "Waaaahhhh!!!!"...

Also, if you actually thought about it, groups of cyclist as pictured above actually means the rate of PEOPLE (you know, the things that actually matter, not cars or bicycles...) travelling from A to B is greater than a couple of cars filling the same space. Especially in the city where there is no average speed difference.

Also I should mention every time I see someone who thinks murder is acceptable or justified for any reason, I want to smash their head in with a sledgehammer. Too much? :lol:

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I'm a very active rider on road and off. If I lived in NY I'd probably hate cyclist too because of the sheer number of hipster douche bags on bikes!

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Anyone mount a trailer hitch to the car for a receiver type bike rack?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I go mountain biking every weekend and have a full suspension Giant trance 29er. I can slide it in with rear tire on, just remove front tire. Fast and no wind resistance or scratches from racks. Every time I show up and someone sees me pull the bike out of the trunk they are like wtf, that's very cool!
Sponsored

Reactions: BGM