Sponsored

Beware the washed out roads. Not good. 😞

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Pardon my ignorance, but would the municipality charged with road upkeep not be responsible?
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Idk. I’m thinking closer to 30-35mph? During the day, gapping across that distance of a span. Had to have been a little more than 20mph. How did you not see that? Super ouchie.
One would think the vehicle had sent an accident signal but out there I am guessing only a sat phone or ham radio would help.
And whereas the bags are not deployed I would bet the car would not be totalled. Just a guess though obviously.
Glad you are just bruised and need new sneakers.

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
One would think the vehicle had sent an accident signal but out there I am guessing only a sat phone or ham radio would help.
And whereas the bags are not deployed I would bet the car would not be totalled. Just a guess though obviously.
Glad you are just bruised and need new sneakers.
I had cell service where I was. We're pretty well covered up here.

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Pardon my ignorance, but would the municipality charged with road upkeep not be responsible?
Well, we had to find out who that was first. I went through the sheriff, county, and now we have found out that it's owned and maintained by the state (DNR). I have to return their call on Monday.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I am surprised an ambulance chaser has not found you since your first post.

Sponsored

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
Shoulda waited for the Mustang Raptor for a drive like that.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Seems like, GM and Dodge both can't do it in real life...

PS:
Yeah, that's big crap what happened to @15GTPPinCO .
Hopefully he will be able to laugh about it later.
It's understandable if he doesn't feel like it now.
I hope that it can be handled properly and that his pony does not have to go to the knacker.
That's just a sin......... We used to buy junkers and jump them, would add weight to rear of the cars so they wouldn't nose plant. Blew out a ton of tires and shocks and broke lots of springs and maybe why I have back problems now.... lol

OP best of luck to you. Hate when stuff like that happens....

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
.... and here the keyboard warriors comes: in Italy we use to say "la prima gallina che canta è quella cha ha fatto l'uovo".
Translated: "the first hen that squawk is the one that laid the egg".

Don't need no explaining right?
We have a similar saying in the states - 'Whoever smelt it, dealt it'...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Seems like, GM and Dodge both can't do it in real life...

PS:
Yeah, that's big crap what happened to @15GTPPinCO .
Hopefully he will be able to laugh about it later.
It's understandable if he doesn't feel like it now.
I hope that it can be handled properly and that his pony does not have to go to the knacker.
That's a good public service jumping a car like that. I was amazed at how many people seemed surprised that the car was destroyed when it landed.

I am guessing that this is what happened, and I hope that it is.

Total it out vs waiting 3+ months for parts and labor, paint, blah blah. I personally don't think that I could have spanned the ditch, even if I was going 50+ MPH.
It's easy enough to do the math. Figure out the amount of time it takes for an object to fall 3 or 4 feet (or whatever distance you would estimate the front of the car fell). Estimate the total distance across the washout based on the Mustang as scale. That is plenty of information to give you a rough estimate of speed.

I think you'll end up surprised at how quickly a car traverses a given distance at even what we think of as a very slow speed.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I think you'll end up surprised at how quickly a car traverses a given distance at even what we think of as a very slow speed.
Yes. 10MPH (Slow) is 14.6 feet per second. So, if he reacted 1 second AFTER seeing road washed out, he'd travel 14.6 feet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Just for data points, the car is totaled. Good news is that the value is high ($30k) for a car that I bought for about $27,500 - two years and 20k miles ago. I put enough maintenance and upgrades into it that I didn't "make money", but I did pretty well to not lose my a$$.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just for data points, the car is totaled. Good news is that the value is high ($30k) for a car that I bought for about $27,500 - two years and 20k miles ago. I put enough maintenance and upgrades into it that I didn't "make money", but I did pretty well to not lose my a$$.
Good to hear they will total it, probably had some frame damages. Are you staying with us and getting another S550, or are you shopping for something else?

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Good to hear they will total it, probably had some frame damages. Are you staying with us and getting another S550, or are you shopping for something else?
That car was the favorite (and most expensive) thing that I have ever owned. I would like to get the 2024, but I think that I will be looking at F-150 for my next ride. I really want to be able to tow a small boat, use the bed for a kayak, 4x4, and snowmobile. I used to live in a city with a "fun" commute, and I moved many states over to MI, right on the Great Lakes and working from home.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That car was the favorite (and most expensive) thing that I have ever owned. I would like to get the 2024, but I think that I will be looking at F-150 for my next ride. I really want to be able to tow a small boat, use the bed for a kayak, 4x4, and snowmobile. I used to live in a city with a "fun" commute, and I moved many states over to MI, right on the Great Lakes and working from home.
Maybe a blessing in disguise. Hope you’re healing up well-
Sponsored