Sponsored

Beware : Need For Speed customer service

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Ordered four wheels for my Gt350 on Jan 9th. Message popped up that they were backordered until March. I called back immediately and over six times since trying to get my paypal refund . Bad situation , be careful dealing with these guys !!!
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I ordered wheels from another vendor and had the same issue. I didn't find out they weren't in stock and back ordered to March until I ordered them and it took a week to get a refund. Its almost like they have to go back to their supplier and cancel the order before they will give a refund. It seems to me that a lot of vendors are just the middleman and their supplier direct ships the order. Its not necessarily a reflection on the vendor.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve been here many times and it’s not fun at all; it’s a horrible feeling. The vendors should know upfront whether a product that they’re selling is unavailable and if they don’t, they should at least enquire about it from the manufacturer and then let the potential customer know the status of availability before an order is placed. It should be up to the customer to decide if they’re willing to wait a certain amount of time for a product, not a vendor. If a customer were needing a specific part to compete or simply get their ride back up and running ASAP, it could put them in a tight spot. Reminds me of an auto repair shop that takes in way more vehicles than they’re capable of servicing at one time, but they don’t want to miss out on any business, so they say they can do it and then the excuses start. SMH.

Hopefully PayPal can help you out of this situation OP and you can find what you need somewhere else (without the wait). I have a buddy, who owns his own business (packaging products) and we talk about good and bad customer service often. He always says he’ll never make a whole lot of money because he cant bring himself to dish out poor customer service to people who spend their hard earned cash with his business.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
All good points but every other vendor said they were not in stock before putting them in the cart. They didnt say the wheels werent available until March until i payed for them. I phoned them immediately and was told the order would be cancelled at that time.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Where they Apex wheels by chance?

Sponsored

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Like a very many resellers, they may not have a lot of stock on hand and only order from the manufacturer when they have a paying customers prepaid order in hand.
It is annoying and maybe a little deceitful way to do business, but it allows them to sell a much larger assortment of goods without having too much money invested sitting around and not making profit.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
The wheels were Project six, i first checked Apex , have bought wheels from them before. They were also backordered and were listed as such straight up. Think if possible its better to deal with the wheel manufacturer . Though Apex probably does not produce theres in house either. I wouldnt have minded wiating but i ran over somthing on the freeway late one night, bent the rt front rim, blew ot the left rear tire and cracked the rims beyond repair. So i needed replacements asap and told them this. Car is finally back on the road after three weeks. Here in socal a car is pretty much a necessity

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
The wheels were Project six, i first checked Apex , have bought wheels from them before. They were also backordered and were listed as such straight up. Think if possible its better to deal with the wheel manufacturer . Though Apex probably does not produce theres in house either. I wouldnt have minded wiating but i ran over somthing on the freeway late one night, bent the rt front rim, blew ot the left rear tire and cracked the rims beyond repair. So i needed replacements asap and told them this. Car is finally back on the road after three weeks. Here in socal a car is pretty much a necessity
I too ordered P6 wheels on January 8th. I keep getting told that they are in a container "stuck at the port and that they should arrive this week". I haven't heard anything about a back order until March. If this is the case they need to disclose this so we know what to expect. I'm waiting on installing GT350R calipers and the P6 wheels at the same time.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Yes they keep on emailing me to drop the Paypal case so they can pay me, sounds fishy???

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
i wouldn’t do it. I use Paypal a lot, but it’s through a cc so I can always go back that way if need be.

Yes they keep on emailing me to drop the Paypal case so they can pay me, sounds fishy???

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Had a bad time with them also. Ordered my wheels around November of 19 and didn't receive untill February 2020, with about 4 calls from me asking where they are at and always getting the same answer that they are 2 weeks out. I guess its to much to ask to get a ln email or a call to let people know when they should actually receive an item. If you can't narrow the window when your customers will receive their goods by a month or so then there is a huge problem
Sponsored