'15 Mustang
Nice comparison shots!
Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Hate the screen,,,,,,looks like it shout retract back into the dash. Mercedes same way lately.

The whole view behind the steering wheel thing is the big deal in looks for me. Maybe because I had an old vett way back when and just got addicted to how a car can look from the drivers eye view.

Don't want the rest of the car to look turd like, but what I see when driving is the thing.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
It's funny how the interiors are pretty much exactly the same shade of red. Also I thought the Redline interior gave you red stitching on the steering wheel, no?

Sponsored

Scott in Houston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Track Package
I've been through my share of Euro vehicles, and it's surprising how affordable and reliable some are to operate and how expensive and unreliable others can be.

I had a 2005 MB E55. MB had to buy it back from me. It had so many issues and gremlins. It was a beast and fun to drive, but wow… worst car I've ever owned, and soured me to all MB for a LONG time. Even Ron White's friend can't convince me differently.
The best I've had is a 2002 911 Turbo. It had NO problems, and I could change the oil myself for relatively little money. I miss that car.
I've had 2 E60 M5's, and both were fine too, but one needed a new transmission out of warranty and that was $9000… I just traded it in at that point. Wow.

These Mustangs are by far the best bang for the buck though. Now that they're comparable in power and performance, the gap in enjoyment for the track and everyday is much smaller. I'd take a Mustang plus the extra $35K in my pocket over an M3 or 4.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I was never the one to drink the BMW cool-aid. I never understood how they're considered "luxury" I've been in plenty of BMWs, I guess I don't really dig their interior layout. I'd gladly spend my money on MB but i've never considered a BMW. Mustang wins in this comparo in my opinion

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
I was never the one to drink the BMW cool-aid. I never understood how they're considered "luxury" I've been in plenty of BMWs, I guess I don't really dig their interior layout. I'd gladly spend my money on MB but i've never considered a BMW. Mustang wins in this comparo in my opinion

Same here. I don't see the big deal either. I see just as many hard plastics in BMW's that I do in a basic Civic.

Audi, yes, I get it. Those interiors are amazing. But BMW's, no.

Sponsored

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP - Triple Yellow
BMW drivers are usually A-holes.

I wouldn't buy one even if it was better for the money or better period. As for German cars, I prefer Audi anyways.

Oh and that sound you hear inside the M4? Ya, that's engine noise being piped in through the speakers. Kind of cheesy if you ask me.

Last edited:

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
BMW drivers are usually A-holes.

I wouldn't buy one even if it was better for the money or better period. As for German cars, I prefer Audi anyways.

Oh and that sound you hear inside the M4? Ya, that's engine noise being piped in through the speakers. Kind of cheesy if you ask me.
Nobody asked you.

Sorry I couldn't help it.

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP - Triple Yellow
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/08/13/bmw-drivers-really-are-jerks-studies-find/
"Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.
In the older study, by researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a crosswalk, the New York Times notes. ”Fancy cars were less likely to stop,” researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper, adding, “BMW drivers were the worst.”
Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research.
In the second study, in the U.K., motorists were asked to identify the make and color of the car from which they have most frequently suffered road-rage incidents, the Daily Mail reports.
The study found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving blue BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing."

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
"The M4 has more room."

Very surprising to me that anyone would say that about the driver's space in an M4 BMW. Never been in that car. Before the introduction of the new Mustang design, however, I seriously considered buying a new 435i and test drove the vehicle several times. My head was tight to the headliner (maybe it was the standard moonroof that reduced the headroom that much) and my knees were tight to the driver's door and the console, respectively. I really wanted to like the car but coming from full-size pickup trucks, it was just too confining.

With the Mustang, on the other hand, I have plenty of headroom (no moonroof) and in my ideal driving position, the seat is not even all the way down or back. Actually, the Mustang has the longest driver legroom of any vehicle I have driven, ever. No room at all BEHIND the driver; but nobody will be riding back there anyway.