Sponsored

Better ride, latest Honda Accord or base Mustang

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
It all depends on what you want out of your car. Seriously, it's hard to beat the V6 Accord Cpe! If I wasn't such a V8 guy needing that growl and extra "punch" the Accord is special....and now with so many improvements in tech stuff...it's a great car for the money.
My friend here at work, that I often talk "cars" with, has a brand new one (EX-L V6 cpe) and he had an 09 before that. They really are fantastic all around cars. They are no slouch either. I think the new ones are around 5.5 seconds 0-60. Nice interiors and when you drive them they just feel so solid and smooth. It's just such an easy car to drive and do so very comfortably. Hard to describe.

My GF's 2015 Accord Sport Sedan, (190hp 4cyl with the 18" wheels & dual exhaust) is like the perfect all around practical car. Easily looks like a $40k+ car from the outside. Has a really nice interior with great standard features like a backup camera, rides super smooth, gets awesome gas mileage & of course has Honda reliability. Also the quality of everything feels so good, the way the doors shut to little things like the way the vents and buttons feel. We got it brand new for $23,900. IMO you can't beat it for the money. She absolutely loves that car.

Like you though I needed that V8 Sound and power and the just to be in a car like a mustang. That's just what fits me personally.
Sponsored

RobHunt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, RR, PP, 401A, NAV
I am assuming the 2 door Accord. Both different cars with different buyers in mind.

The Accord is a great all around car. I have owned a few and they make great appliances, like your TV, great at what they do but will likely never excite you.

The Mustang is a classic piece of automotive history, bold styling, fun to drive, exciting, a little risk from 1st year issues, etc. Ride quality will vary greatly depending on the package, wheels, etc.

Go test drive them back to back and see which one makes you happier. RWD sports car vs FWD coupe? If you do not fall in love after the first test drive of the 2015 Mustang, go get the Accord. If ride quality is your top priority .... ur getting the Accord!

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
And this matters how? It's his choice which cars he is shopping and comparing.
You are right, it's his choice. I don't know about you but it's lame to see posts about what car a person should buy. Same response every time. It's the OP's choice. Wait don't say it...I know...if you don't like it don't respond/ignore the thread. Exactly what the "Don't feed the troll sign" is for. :cool:

This thread is basing comparison to older vehicles? This doesn't even make sense. No thought in this thread. Comparing a Honda Accord (specs here) to a base Mustang (umm, what Mustang -Eco, V6, GT ???).

This guy's thought...

Accord is worse than a Charger
Accord is worse than a 76 Grand Marquis
07 Mustang is irrelevant and so is the Charger, Challenger, and the Grand Marquis

:popcorn:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
OP - Why not just go test drive one? Asking for an opinion on something that is purely an opinion is pretty silly, in my opinion. ;)

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Legit question about a base '15 Mustang. Making a comparison. Just because someone doesn't like the question doesn't mean the OP is wrong for being here. Suck it up and find something else to complain about...you must be bored.
Legit Question?

So what is a base '15 Mustang? And which Honda Accord?

Please do tell so this thread can be pointed in the right direction...

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
How can you even ask us to choose between the two?
kidsthesedays.jpg

drewdiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP, 85' SVO
i actually think this mustang is very comfortable. I'm coming from an infiniti, bmw, and a 2013 gt mustang so yeah. me and my girlfriend are impressed with the ride quality we get even with sport lines on.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
The V6 accord is not bad. It's a pretty good commuter car that's somewhat sporty. It's got pretty good power but you have very little communication with the tires. It's even got a blind spot camera haha.

But if you want a car that does what you want it to do, get a Mustang. The ride quality on the base suspension is on the softer side of performance cars, but it feels like a rock compared to something like a Lexus.

OP
OP

asd123321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 mercury
One problem is the local dealer never has the V6 17" wheels and I don't know how much this would change things. Probably most who answered have larger ones. A review of the Mazda6 with 19" said it gave it a harsh ride. The Challenger seemed OK and Car and Driver rated it the same 9 ride as the Mustang. With 2 cylinders shut off, the Dodge V6 responds like a 4 cylinder. The Accord 4 CVT I was comparing seems more sluggish than my mother's Buick Verano. The Ford dealer only recently got a reasonable inventory including lower models. Of course, I am more cut out for a 2017 Thunderbird based on the Mustang.

Last edited:

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
As of 2013 the Honda Accord is a much improved car. The frame is stiffer and the handling is better than before.

The base 4 - cyl, manual, Accord Coupe LX-S is a blast to drive. It's light and zippy and powerful enough to do anything a good driver wants to do. And it's economical and practical.

It's all I can do to get a Mustang instead. I still can't make up my mind.

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
One problem is the local dealer never has the V6 17" wheels and I don't know how much this would change things. Probably most who answered have larger ones. A review of the Mazda6 with 19" said it gave it a harsh ride. The Challenger seemed OK and Car and Driver rated it the same 9 ride as the Mustang. With 2 cylinders shut off, the Dodge V6 responds like a 4 cylinder. The Accord 4 CVT I was comparing seems more sluggish than my mother's Buick Verano. The Ford dealer only recently got a reasonable inventory including lower models. Of course, I am more cut out for a 2017 Thunderbird based on the Mustang.
:help::ban::spam:

15stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT CO
I have extensively driven (several thousand miles) the latest V6 EX-L accord coupe and own an S550 and I would say go with the Mustang anyday. The ride quality isn't noticeably harsher, IMO, in the mustang, SYNC is far better than Honda's system, and the mustang's seats are also far better than the Honda's. The only area the accord wins is the back seats, which are huge for a coupe. If you need to use the back seats then this might be important. Fuel economy is obviously worse in the mustang, but I have a GT and can't comment on the v6 or EB. As a comfortable commuter car, I think the mustang wins. As a performance car, there is no question, the mustang is the clear winner.

The honda dealer in my area, however, is 100x better than the ford dealer, but that might not be the case everywhere.

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I have extensively driven (several thousand miles) the latest V6 EX-L accord coupe and own an S550 and I would say go with the Mustang anyday. The ride quality isn't noticeably harsher, IMO, in the mustang, SYNC is far better than Honda's system, and the mustang's seats are also far better than the Honda's. The only area the accord wins is the back seats, which are huge for a coupe. If you need to use the back seats then this might be important. Fuel economy is obviously worse in the mustang, but I have a GT and can't comment on the v6 or EB. As a comfortable commuter car, I think the mustang wins. As a performance car, there is no question, the mustang is the clear winner.

The honda dealer in my area, however, is 100x better than the ford dealer, but that might not be the case everywhere.
That is a very informative post. I infer that you don't actually own the Honda? But the Mustang isn't a harsher or noisier ride? Do you have similar time behind the wheel of an older Mustang, like a '11-'14?
For the record, the Ford dealers in my area are absolutely terrific. It's the Honda dealer I can't stand.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
The Accord v6 is a 5.4, 13.9 car speed wise, as fast as or faster than all but the GT version of the Mustangs. The Accord is a refined car with outstanding reliability. Surely the Mustang will handle better but the Accord will be easier to live with every day and should prove less costly to own(more reliable, insurance, etc)
All these sub 14 second accords, camrys, G35-37, Q50, and on and on is why i got a GT
Sponsored