Sponsored

Better ride, latest Honda Accord or base Mustang

asd123321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 mercury
not with larger wheels or performance suspension.

The Accord seemed worse than the Charger I tried
and my 1976 Grand Marquis but it is hard to
compare on different roads. A 2007 Mustang I rode
in seemed primitive so I am wondering if these have
advanced much in the ride. The Charger just had a
little more boom in the sound on a rough road than mine.
Challenger seemed OK on smooth roads
Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
If you're looking for a luxury or smooth ride, then the Mustang is not going to impress you. It's a sports car. These cars are meant to provide feedback of the road surface, conditions and performance to the driver. Some people, like my wife, find the ride too harsh. To give you an idea, we went looking at Cadillac XTSes for her today. We took the 'stang, and all she talked about was how rough it was.... Ughhhh....

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
If you're looking for a luxury or smooth ride, then the Mustang is not going to impress you. It's a sports car. These cars are meant to provide feedback of the road surface, conditions and performance to the driver. Some people, like my wife, find the ride too harsh. To give you an idea, we went looking at Cadillac XTSes for her today. We took the 'stang, and all she talked about was how rough it was.... Ughhhh....
Agreed. I remember on the 19th when I went to get my Mustang at the dealership and went for a test drive before we finalized the paperwork, everyone in the car immediately picked up on how bumpy and harsh the ride was. (It was cold that day for tire PSI and/or I've probably gotten use to it that it doesn't bother me anymore).

While the new Mustangs have better rear suspension and a smoother ride, so to speak compared to the previous gen, they are not "luxury cars" as in a super quiet and relaxing cabin that you would find in a family sedan or SUV. These guys are built for performance and ready to take down whoever gets in it's way.

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I have a non pp ecoboost with 18s and my car rides great. My last car a fiesta st now that thing had a rough harsh ride.

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
You need to drive them to know for sure which one suits your need. Don't be shy about test driving them all to find the right one. The 04 Accord we owned drove pretty good, I can only imagine they are better now. I drove a performance pack GT 2015 and it drove/rode much better than my current 2008 GT.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you buy a Honda, just make sure you get some good seats and a 5 point harness. You don't want to be caught off guard when....

Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Agreed. I remember on the 19th when I went to get my Mustang at the dealership and went for a test drive before we finalized the paperwork, everyone in the car immediately picked up on how bumpy and harsh the ride was.
Surprised to hear that. My 2012 Mustang GT, when it was stock with 18" wheels rode smooth and comfortably IMO. After I added 19's and lowered it, things got harsher, but stock was pretty easy going. The new ones I have heard countless times drive much better, so I am surprised people would think they are that harsh.

With regards to Accords, I previously had a 2009 EX-L V6 coupe, and it rode very nice. No, it didn't drive like a top notch luxury sedan, but it's a "sporty" coupe so of course it will be a little firmer. Still rode very smooth and was very well controlled and tight.

My girlfriend now has a 2015 Accord Sport sedan, and it also rides very smooth and is very tight. But the suspension is again a little on the firm side compared to full luxury cars because it's made to handle relatively good. it's a tradeoff, and Accords are one of the best at it, IMO. The Camry for example will have a little plusher ride quality but with a tradeoff in handling.

With a 2015 base mustang with 18" wheels, I can only assume it has a very nice ride quality and would probably be just a hair behind a new Accord. Both should ride nicely, unless you are really picky and only used to being in Lincolns and Lexus luxury sedans etc.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Get a used Lexus ES350 if you want a smooth ride, and stop using words like 'boom' to describe a road.

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
:dnftt:

Account for OP (asd123321) was created on 2/20/2015
Post since creation = 1

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
:dnftt:

Account for OP (asd123321) was created on 2/20/2015

Post since creation = 1

And this matters how? It's his choice which cars he is shopping and comparing.
Sponsored