Sponsored

Best way to manage loud exhaust in the morning?

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I will be leaving the house at around 6 AM tomorrow for work and this will be the first time doing a cold start with straight-pipes. My car stays in a garage and it is a single-family home. I have never gotten any complaints when I had parties at my house a while ago. What is the best way to manage the sound coming rom my house? I was thinking of backing into my garage so that the exhaust is facing away from the garage door.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I wonder if to can install like foam insert into the exhaust pipe with a smaller hole in the middle to quieten down the exhaust?
Once you are out of the neighborhood, just pull them out of the exhaust.
Honestly, just start it and back out on idle and idle out of the neighborhood.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I have the same concerns. I have the exhaust facing towards the garage door, less echo inside the garage. Once car comes down from high idle it's not so bad. Then I just quick shift up till fifth so I'm not high into the rmp's! Best you're gonna get.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
You are a considerate neighbor or you wouldn't be asking but good luck trying to keep that quiet. But hear is what I'd suggest, back in, start with doors down and don't open them until idle comes down below 1k. Good luck!

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Buy a prius. :lol::lol:

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
You are a considerate neighbor or you wouldn't be asking but good luck trying to keep that quiet. But hear is what I'd suggest, back in, start with doors down and don't open them until idle comes down below 1k. Good luck!
Exactly what I do, plus I start in second and shift into 3rd fairly early. Keep it real, real low until I leave subdivision.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A Real Mustang Enthusiast doesn't care what the neighbors think, even if your exhaust is so damn loud it wakes the local dead and causes a tsunami across the pond...

Just DO IT - the neighbors can go back to sleep after you've made it off the block.

Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
I'm in the same boat. I'm transferring positions, so I'll be parking in the same garage as the big man. It's way too loud for a parking garage. I'm probably going to switch off to stock resonator/gt500 mufflers. As far as a quick fix, start it up and throw it in gear right away? I hate putting my engine through that though.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Just start it up and pull out right away. don't let it sit there and warm up

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Start it up and go. Keep the rpms down. Thats what I do with my HD Fatboy :thumbsup:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
As mentioned, start it and go. It won't quiet down immediately but the cold start insanity will at least become a dull roar. The sooner you get out of there the less opportunity your neighbors will have to decide you're a jerk.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Drop it in gear as soon as you sat it and get it out in the open. Short shift 1st into 2nd. You will be fine. This is what how I do it with the Roush and h-pipe I have on my car. :thumbsup:
Sponsored