Best way to Jack up S550

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Race ramps are my "go to", just push them right up against the tires and drive up, doesn't get any easier. My garage floor is pretty smooth so I put down a large garage carpet, the ramps don't budge an inch when driving up. Bonus points for the carpet, it makes laying under the car a heck of a lot more comfortable.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Iā€™ve swapped wheel sets literally a hundred plus times on the car since 2015.. always by the pinch weld in the middle of the car (just a few inches behind the side mirrors), with a low floor jack with a rubber pad.

When the car goes on jack stands its two at a time one side of the car at a time.

No ramps, no dead weight rails, only two jack ups. Easy.

Dont jack up with the diff, Iā€™ve raised the car a few times this way to adjust rear shocks (PP steel diff cover), but dont recommend it. If something breaks it would be an expensive mistake.

Ramps are a waste of space in the garage. Its relatively easy to fuck up getting the car on or off ramps without a spotter. Donā€™t recommend.
Not a fan of using the pinch welds, Not a practice I like to get a custom to doing.
Seen too many fold from years in areas that use salt on roads, to trust them or to get in the habit of using them. Yes, I understand the fair weather toy this isn't as big an issue but , I rather not. It might be dead weight but it is low center of gravity weight, I can find 8-11 lb's of weight higher in the car to remove to make that not an issue.

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
Are jacking rails also recommended for regular tire rotation at the dealership, or primarily for quick and easy at home maintenance? Thx!

OP
OP
First Stang

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Came up with this to allow me to use my non race ramps. I ran 2 long boads all the way to the garage step to keep the ramps from sliding. I was able to install Jacking rails with this so now I have 2 options.

IMG_9293.png

IMG_1053.jpeg

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
bought jack rails, found mid point to jack car up evenly on one side and place " car cribs" under each tire. repeaded process on the other side. was able to raise the car up 2 feet, giving me plenty of room to install LTH. With this method your suspention is not under extended stress. Works great and completly safe! I built these cribs using 2x4's supper easy.
KIMG0708.JPG

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
bought jack rails, found mid point to jack car up evenly on one side and place " car cribs" under each tire. repeaded process on the other side. was able to raise the car up 2 feet, giving me plenty of room to install LTH. With this method your suspention is not under extended stress. Works great and completly safe! I built these cribs using 2x4's supper easy.
KIMG0708.JPG
What did you use to jack the car that high? I've seen people using 2x4 pieces screwed together to extend the reach of the jack.

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
i placed a 6x6 on the floor jack to achieve the height

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Stang

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
That is a pretty impressive height. iā€™m guessing the lowering took some back and forth as well with the added labor of removing the screws on the blocks.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I went with the BMR Chassis Jacking Rail, Super Low Profile (CJR002). Itā€™s really a shame that no one can see them ā€˜cause these things are beautiful! Combined with a polyurethane floor jack pad (as well as polyurethane jack stand pads) you can jack the entire side of the car up quickly, safely, and scratch free šŸ˜Ž

3b9c09d8-e521-4939-afde-756fc62d903d-jpeg.jpg

2fdea399-29a4-4146-b36e-22a3f29d0d05-jpeg.jpg
All I would suggest is take your time and don't try to go to far up on jacking one side to put on jack stands. Before I got quik Jacks, I jacked up one side and tried to put one side on 4 ton jacks. The car did the jack stand shuffle. I let it back down Slowly and ordered Quik Jack for when I need the car fully off the ground to work underneath. I also have BMR Low profile rails and love them, Good Choice.

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
yes back and forth. however i felt very safe working under the car for an extended period of time.
KIMG0955.JPG
KIMG0954.JPG

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
that is why i do not use jack stands. the car is more stable with these car cribs, easy to make and affortable, plus your suspension is not stressed

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I bought these back when I bought my car. Set screwed right where the Ford jack would go, reinforces the pinch weld at the right place, made out of aluminum, so extremely light. Problem is, I forget where I bought them (online). Once up, jackstands for sure, at the locations shown in pictures in pervious comments. Found the link, although they were a lot cheaper in 2019( $65.00)... https://zl1addons.com/products/mustang-bolt-on-lift-pads
20231228_170647.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: