[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Keep us posted on new tune results
I did end up going with AED. Shaun has been by far the most responsive of any tuner i have talked to and ive talked to (or tried to) all of the popular ones on this forum.

I just sent him payment and vehicle info so as soon as i get the tune and install it ill post here.

Im pretty excited as he knew exactly what i was talking about and explained what he is going to do in good detail.

Then why not just use D? Not being a smart ass but that sounds like what you want is normal D driving with perhaps stronger shifts when accelerating and better throttle sensitivity? Lund or Livernois and others do that pretty much by default.

Then use S when you want to paddle shift.
no offence taken, what i want is normal shifting and driving in D, and more aggressive shifting and throttle response in S (without being tossed forward by the engine braking)

The thought is when im driving through the neighborhood, driving by cops lol, or when the wife is driving use D mode. Anytime i want the mustang to "feel like a mustang" use S mode.

Basically two usable and distinct driving modes.
Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I did end up going with AED. Shaun has been by far the most responsive of any tuner i have talked to and ive talked to (or tried to) all of the popular ones on this forum.

I just sent him payment and vehicle info so as soon as i get the tune and install it ill post here.

Im pretty excited as he knew exactly what i was talking about and explained what he is going to do in good detail.

no offence taken, what i want is normal shifting and driving in D, and more aggressive shifting and throttle response in S (without being tossed forward by the engine braking)

The thought is when im driving through the neighborhood, driving by cops lol, or when the wife is driving use D mode. Anytime i want the mustang to "feel like a mustang" use S mode.

I'm considering Shaun too. He seems to have the auto tuned really dialed in. Good luck with your new tune!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
So I installed the tune from AED Shaun. it's the performance "base tune" and I have yet to do the data logging, but I took a quick spin around the neighborhood and he's definitely got the engine braking in S mode tamed! I can't believe no other tuner offers this! I'm excited to test this out some more!

emba129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT; 2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen Mustan
Hey guys,

Long post here. Pls help

Hi folks,
I have a 2015 Mustang GT / Automatic. It has 3.15 gears in the rear. I drive it daily to work. This is the first automatic Mustang I own and I have some questions.

As you know there are a few driving modes which change the personality of the car. Mostly, I use Normal and there is Sport and Sport Plus. I spend most time in Normal mode since its a daily driver but I am not really happy with the shift points in the 5.0 GT. in Normal Mode. It always goes for 6th gear, even around town. At 40MPH the engine is cranking around 1200 RPM, which is annoying when bumping slight throttle to accelerate. Is feels “boggy” unless I push the accelerator to kick down, which is too much. I say it feels like my grandfathers Oldsmobile!!. At 50 MPH cruising I oftentimes switch to manual mode and hold it in 5th which is more responsive. I added a Sprint Booster V3 for improved throttle response, which helps. But it doesn't stop the fact that the tranny searches for 6th at low speeds no matter what. When I go to Sport or Sport + Mode it wakes up a bit, but holds in lower gears too long and downshifts aggressively when coming to a stop. Its cool, but annoying when driving to/from work. Sometimes in Sport mode when I’m cruising down the highway at 65 it downshifts into 5th for really no reason, which I don't like.

I rent the Ecoboost l4 Mustangs on business trips and I really like those shift points. Its very responsive and shifts perfectly for zipping around town and on the the highway. These cars have same transmissions and likely the 3.15’s, as well. The car feels much more “drivable"

I been on the forums and spoke to Ford Performance about some options. Here is what they are and what was said:

- Can I put the Ecoboost tune it the 5.0 GT so it will shift the same?. Ford performance said not possible based on many different factors between the 5.0 and the turbocharged l4.

- Change the rear axle ratio from 3.15 to 3.55 or 3.73. I cannot see how the shift points would change, but higher RPMs would get the engine RPM up a bit which may make it more responsive. But the 3.15's are probably OK for the transmission gearing, especially 1st and 2nd which are pretty tall. And on long trips I really like the MPG I get with the 3.15s especially when I have cruise control set for 3 hours!. I don't really want to compromise that. Plus, does it really address the issue?

- Consider a custom tune. This could adjust shift points I think, but I’m not interested in hard shift points or aggressive downshifts like I see in Sport or Sport + modes. Im not looking for a drag strip tune or crisp, wheel chirping shifts. What I am only looking for is more responsive and better shift points and a better mapping for my daily drives, in Normal Mode. (like the Ecoboost Mustang). I don't want to keep shifting to manual mode. or pushing the pedal for downshifts just to have it go right back to 6th when I’m going for a gallon of milk!!

- Does a tuner from SCT/Bama help? Are there canned tunes or will these guys be able to help address the issue, which Im sure other Mustang enthusiasts have encountered. This ay I would get a tuner and be able to have more options for performance tunes as desired. Or are these tunes too generic to help.

Im trying to get an idea where to best spend the money to meet the objective.

Thanks folks.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT

[MENTION=19899][email protected][/MENTION] - Were you able to have 2 separate modes "D" and "S" used for your tune?

Sponsored

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
[MENTION=19899][email protected][/MENTION] - Were you able to have 2 separate modes "D" and "S" used for your tune?
The AED tune accomplishes this leaving D mode basically stock feeling in normal driving conditions.

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like Lund and AED are the way to go with an Auto. I agree, I hate the rev matching on S mode. I wish that were reserved for S+ or Track mode.

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Glad I went past the 1st page bc this is the same question that I have. I like how responsive the car is in Sport mode, but I hate how the car jerks when downshifting. My '17 GT is my DD so I don't need any over-the-top tunes where I'm going to be spinning and chirping the tires at every stop light. My car is city-driven 99% of the time, so I just want to get rid of the lag, smoother shifts, and better acceleration.

There's a local shop that does dyno tuning, but I don't know anybody who runs their tunes, so I may stick with an emailed tune from Lund

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I had Lund adjust the shift pressures on my auto. Now in D mode it shifts smoother and it doesn't hunt for 6th gear at low speeds anymore. It keeps the revs up, more so if I am in low gear and am more aggressive with the throttle. I still use it in S mode and shift the gears manually 98% of the time and I still recommend that for anyone. The engine braking is smooth on this tune. The only time when I get pushed forward is when the torque converter comes into play below 2,000 RPMs, which I don't think you can do anything about. It's just the nature of the converter lock/unlock. But even then it's nothing to fret over IMO and I'm fairly picky.

The throttle response, power, and shifts are way better than a stock car. If I had to go back to stock I'd probably sell the car because in stock form it doesn't feel like it has the stated HP.

Sponsored

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good to know...anybody in particular to ask for at Lund or do you just get randomly assigned to one of their tuners?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed the tune from AED Shaun. it's the performance "base tune" and I have yet to do the data logging, but I took a quick spin around the neighborhood and he's definitely got the engine braking in S mode tamed! I can't believe no other tuner offers this! I'm excited to test this out some more!
[MENTION=19899][email protected][/MENTION]When you say engine braking is tamed and that no one else offers this, can you expand on that? Is it comparable to a manual transmission with pushing the clutch in when you aren't on the accelerator and then it rev matches when you hit the accelerator?

Also, is this a base GT or a premium car with this improvement?

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good to know...anybody in particular to ask for at Lund or do you just get randomly assigned to one of their tuners?
if you are dead set on Lund, I always had good luck with Dakota Deck

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=15992]Jayme[/MENTION]: any chance someone from AED can elaborate on the engine braking query I had above? I tried calling you all but no one was available.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT