Best muffler

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Any suggestions about which is the best muffler on the market? I have my eyes on roush muffler. I’m looking specifically into that deep American muscle sounds rather than just being loud. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
For the old school mustang tone I like corsa.

I might be in the minority here but I find that most exhaust combos on these cars don’t sound good. I like the old sn95 sound. I have a bassani mid muffler catback on my 17 and think it sounds good. I’ve also heard some clips where people will do a rear muffler delete but keep the resonator and I think that sounds good too.

In the end though sound is subjective.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on what the rest of your exhaust is like. Roush mufflers provide a noticeable increase in volume and a more aggressive tone even with everything else stock. Combining them with a resonator delete is a lot louder. Combining them with a resonator delete plus headers is extremely loud and IMO, very harsh and unpleasant. I got my Roush axle back from a guy that was about to install headers and wanted to avoid that result.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Awe touring if you have the cash. I like Roush and MBRP Street as well.
AWE axlebacks here. Put them on two years ago and absolutely love them. Deep rumble when you walk in it, but sounds stock when crusing or around town driving. 😁 And all else stock BTW!!👍

Sponsored

OP
OP

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
AWE axlebacks here. Put them on two years ago and absolutely love them. Deep rumble when you walk in it, but sounds stock when crusing or around town driving. 😁 And all else stock BTW!!👍
What year is your mustang? I’m looking for awe axleback for mine but I can’t find it. Mine is 2021 and also if you can send the link. Thank you

OP
OP

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
It depends on what the rest of your exhaust is like. Roush mufflers provide a noticeable increase in volume and a more aggressive tone even with everything else stock. Combining them with a resonator delete is a lot louder. Combining them with a resonator delete plus headers is extremely loud and IMO, very harsh and unpleasant. I got my Roush axle back from a guy that was about to install headers and wanted to avoid that result.
Do you still have it installed? Do you notice any drones or any complains with it?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still have it installed? Do you notice any drones or any complains with it?
Yes, I still have it with the stock resonator. No drone. No issues. Love the tone. I've been trying to decide whether to do a resonator delete.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
All depends on what year your Mustang is, and which engine (V8/V6/Ecoboost).

For my '08 V6, my setup was custom H pipe with MAC Boom Tubes

For my '17 Ecoboost, I did a res delete and custom RCMufflers (made in house by a muffler shop here in Toronto)

For my '21 GT, it's stock for now but it's got the Active Valve Exhaust which sounds great but I will eventually put in a custom H pipe in place of the res

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had Magnaflow Competition catbacks on my 2011 GT and 2017 GT350. Perfect!
But I just put MBRP Race catbacks on my 2011 GT: deep and louder, with a beautiful bark when revving.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What year is your mustang? I’m looking for awe axleback for mine but I can’t find it. Mine is 2021 and also if you can send the link. Thank you
At last check AWE didn't offer it in an axleback format for +18, only in full catback. However, when I cut off my Corsa mufflers from the Xtreme setup but kept the double x mated to my ARH long tubes I called AWE direct and they sent me just the rear section from the Touring catback. Since I was already 3" all the way through this worked out. The problem is if you are stock piping/resonator that won't work without a neck down or fab job. However if you go with their full catback that's a non issue as you'll get their resonated H pipe and all connecting piping and drop your entire stock exhaust from the cat on back.

Just like the Corsas the AWE has 0 drone. Except it also does not have the trumpety tone with long tubes like Xtremes did. It also has more character in the lower rpms but still screams up top.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Mine is a 2016. I am not sure if they make one for a 2021. I would think the exhausts are the same or very similar. I got mine from AM several years ago. Here is the link, but it says 15-17. I would contact AM and ask. If you can get AWE you will be thoroughly satisfied. Good luck.👍
https://www.americanmuscle.com/awe-touring-axleback-chrome-1517gt.html

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
The 18+ have quad exhaust tips, so a 15-17 Gt axle back won’t fit.
Sponsored