Best HUD?

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi,

Anyone know of a HUD that works without sticking tint on your windshield and just projects directly onto it? Anyone know how the gt350 one works and if can be replicated on a GT? Or how the Corvette one works?
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Any HUD will require a clear reflective strip be stuck onto the windshield, it’s how you can see the projection. All cars with stock HUDs already have this applied - whether chevy, bmw, lexus, audi, etc. The GT350 doesn’t really have an actual HUD, it just uses what is normally the safe and smart emergency warning light as a shift indicator.

Paul K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Recaro
I use this https://www.gearbest.com/obd-diagnos...pp_216817.html

It is very thin and doesn't noticeably stick out sitting on the dash.

It comes with a reflective strip to apply to the windshield, but I don't use it. Occasionally, in very bright sunlight, the display is not visible, but 90% of the time, it works fine without the strip.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
This is what I did. I'm still working on getting rid of that second reflection and making it look more aesthetically pleasing. But I've driven with it (night and day) and it is high enough to not obscure my view. Like what Paul said when the sun is super bright you can hardly see anything.
1518291428052.jpg

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
I had a Navdy which was working pretty well but then they went out of business. Supposedly there's a few more coming in the future but *shrug*.
Sponsored