Sponsored

Best budget seats??

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have a 16 base gt with the cloth seats, im looking to upgrade seats in the spring. Looking for a comfortable aftermarket option. Im a taller built guy so want something comfortable. Looking to stay well under a grand for a set. What does everyone have and how do you like them?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any actual insight, but you don't want to cheap out on something that you sit on every day and that can literally affect whether you live or die or are permanently paralyzed after an accident. I've seen a few pictures of aftermarket seats that have just snapped back in an accident and that could be your back breaking right there.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
The best budget seats are the stock seats :p
Seriously, save until you can get something better. :)

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Im sure there are seat nicer then stock for under a grand...

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Im sure there are seat nicer then stock for under a grand...
Not really. Unless you’re just looking for something lightweight to track with. If this is your main car, I’d highly suggest saving up a bit more for something on the higher end of the spectrum.

Sponsored

CSWC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carrollshelbywheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Corbeau makes a great, relatively affordable seat. Keep in mind that safety should be a big factor in your decision making process. Some budget racing seats are known to fail in certain situations, and saving money up front is not as important as saving your neck/back in an accident.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I would just like to add that it usualy is not the seat frame that is failing in a crash but rather the recline mechanism. I have seen the cheap seats and the frames are usually pretty good, it is the recline mechanism that is of poor quality. If you could replace the recline mechanism (just an idea here) with either the OEM mechanism or another higher quality part, you could likely eliminate the risk.