Best Centrifugal HP/TQ Numbers

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
It was 93 deg the last race I ran at ... Hot lapped it all day while the PD guys were icing down every after every pass .. My ETs and MPH stayed the same every pass where the PD guys were all over the place because of heat soak .. Even saw two guys putting ice bags on top of the blower !!!! NOT a good Idea at all !!!

I was on my 93 tune that day and did see the intake temps a little higher than when I use my E85 tune ..That E85 really keeps things cool even in really high temps .. You guys in high temp parts of the USA like down here in FL and Texas really should be using E85 no matter that type of blower you are running .. That is if you can easily get it ..

One of many the things I love about my Procharger is the fact that I can make back to back passes and see numbers like my last trip to BMP ... 9.97 ..Next pass 9.96 ... Next pass 9.95 .. And NO cool down time .. I think it would be the same for a Paxton blower , that is if it get the air from the same place as the procharger .. Procharger get it's air from the inter fender well and not the engine bay ..
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
It was 93 deg the last race I ran at ... Hot lapped it all day while the PD guys were icing down every after every pass .. My ETs and MPH stayed the same every pass where the PD guys were all over the place because of heat soak .. Even saw two guys putting ice bags on top of the blower !!!! NOT a good Idea at all !!!

I was on my 93 tune that day and did see the intake temps a little higher than when I use my E85 tune ..That E85 really keeps things cool even in really high temps .. You guys in high temp parts of the USA like down here in FL and Texas really should be using E85 no matter that type of blower you are running .. That is if you can easily get it ..

One of many the things I love about my Procharger is the fact that I can make back to back passes and see numbers like my last trip to BMP ... 9.97 ..Next pass 9.96 ... Next pass 9.95 .. And NO cool down time .. I think it would be the same for a Paxton blower , that is if it get the air from the same place as the procharger .. Procharger get it's air from the inter fender well and not the engine bay ..
ive drag raced my car twice and failed to get logs both times (i have alot to think about in the staging lanes regarding transmission, line lock, traction control, and then making sure the ngauge doesnt black screen on the datalog page and then making sure it logs. oh and you gotta keep tire temperature up so better make all this quick!).

im not positive id ever hot lap it as i dont drag race all that much.

thats part of why i havent gone e85, i dont really want to push anymore power limits on my motor, so the ability to push more timing is lost on me. if been told my tune is VERY safe so other than the blower getting hot, what am i losing by staying 93? thats what i havent figured out yet.

if someone was BIG into drag racing or half mile events, then yeah id say definitely ethanol.

id like to go turbo at some point though..........

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Better than the 91 we have here in Kommiefornia. At least I can get E85 all over the place.
And even better than Phoenix where we have the same crap 91 and NO E85. I can't even find the 'FlexFuel' E54 at any stations near me.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Having installed the additional crank shaft pulley myself I can add a little input on the topic.

1st - The pulley is deeply inset into the stock pulley and the 8 rib pulley is not really all they heavy, pretty light actually.

2nd - The pulley has cam locks that put the weight on the stock pulley I did not need the bolt to bare any weight. So the rotational mass is not moved forward more than a few millimeters.

3rd - Whipple 10 rib, Procharger, Paxton all have an additional pulley they add once you are serious about belt slip... So this is not a Procharger thing only.

4th - "Its the pull on the belt that snaps the crank" - Errrr "too tight is broke" learned that a long time ago... PC does a good job on their tension system and with an 8 rib I have had it what some might say too loose, and I had no slip.

5th - No s550 breaks and a limited number of broken cranks (Sub .01% vs. sales i would imagine) most I saw were bad installs... There are way more folks busting OPG's than snapping cranks.

On the Vortech choice we talked about last night I mentioned the JT trim. Ask [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] bout they YSI and his opinion on V7 JT/YSI vs. F1X [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]. I'd be interested to hear that as well.
The Paxton/vortech 8 rib conversion does not add an extra pulley out from the crank and still uses the stock tensioner.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, I make a few under 800whp and have run 9.3 at 147 still on a 6 rib drive with my paxton. Intake air temps after a full pass down the 1/4 mile usually see 120-130 IAT's through the traps.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
How much timing is it pulling at that high of IAT?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
How much timing is it pulling at that high of IAT?
that isn't waht i would consider high for a low 9 second air to air car at all, i doubt it's pulling any

that's why its running 9.3s

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
:thumbsup:

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
130 after a full pull isnt bad at all for 14 psi and my logs show negetive knock all the way through the traps. So many people get caught up on idle/cruise air temps over ambient. Who cares, Make a full pass through 4 gears and that will tell you how good your intercooler setup is. The base on3 intercoolers at 20 psi have scene 180+ iats through the traps.

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
721 rwhp D1 stage II at 14 psi and 92 octane driven daily.
Are u seeing 14 psi with the 4.75 pulley,im getting about 10.5 at 7k rpms.Really thinking about dropping down to the 4.6 pulley.
Sponsored