Sponsored

Best Centrifugal HP/TQ Numbers

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am looking at centrifugal blowers at the moment. Presently running the VMP Gen2-R has great TQ but very bad heat soak. Beefcake recommended a Vortech at a great price but being the biggest mod besides a built engine figured I would ask you guys for some #s. The Procharger scares me with the crankshaft issues.
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I am looking at centrifugal blowers at the moment. Presently running the VMP Gen2-R has great TQ but very bad heat soak. Beefcake recommended a Vortech at a great price but being the biggest mod besides a built engine figured I would ask you guys for some #s. The Procharger scares me with the crankshaft issues.
How many of these crankshaft issues have there been? I've seen 1.

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I made 666rwhp / 532 ft lbs on a stage 2 procharger p1sc1 at 10 psi. I just installed the MAK 4" aluminum inlet this past weekend but haven't hit the dyno up yet.

Just curious, how many crankshaft issues have there been on s550s with prochargers? I saw a video of the previous generation mustangs but haven't really seen much on s550s.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
The Procharger scares me with the crankshaft issues.
:lol: Literally zero S550 coyotes have had that failure, or at least that's what ProCharger said. Seemed to be an issue with the S197 kits but the redesign seems to have remedied it.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
H*ll Doc, judging from other threads I've seen you post on, I thought you really liked your TVS. I'm kinda surprised to see you post this, but hey, it'll be interesting to see what you end up with and why. 4th of July deals are only a little over a month away.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
:lol: Literally zero S550 coyotes have had that failure, or at least that's what ProCharger said. Seemed to be an issue with the S197 kits but the redesign seems to have remedied it.
Ah ok. I guess the threads I have been reading were of this S197. Good to hear it has been addressed. Thanks.

H*ll Doc, judging from other threads I've seen you post on, I thought you really liked your TVS. I'm kinda surprised to see you post this, but hey, it'll be interesting to see what you end up with and why. 4th of July deals are only a little over a month away.
I do like the TVS the TQ is insane for this little blower. But it has its drawbacks. The Centris run cooler not the ridiculous heat us Roush/VMP guys have to deal with. This is why I was asking for #s.

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Just look in my sig...

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I do like the TVS the TQ is insane for this little blower. But it has its drawbacks. The Centris run cooler not the ridiculous heat us Roush/VMP guys have to deal with. This is why I was asking for #s.[/QUOTE]

Understood. I never had a centri, but yeah, I would think with less mass, it looks like they wouldn't generate as much heat as a PD. I never noticed excessive heat myself with mine, but then again, I'm not taking it to several 1/4 mile runs back to back to back.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Having installed the additional crank shaft pulley myself I can add a little input on the topic.

1st - The pulley is deeply inset into the stock pulley and the 8 rib pulley is not really all they heavy, pretty light actually.

2nd - The pulley has cam locks that put the weight on the stock pulley I did not need the bolt to bare any weight. So the rotational mass is not moved forward more than a few millimeters.

3rd - Whipple 10 rib, Procharger, Paxton all have an additional pulley they add once you are serious about belt slip... So this is not a Procharger thing only.

4th - "Its the pull on the belt that snaps the crank" - Errrr "too tight is broke" learned that a long time ago... PC does a good job on their tension system and with an 8 rib I have had it what some might say too loose, and I had no slip.

5th - No s550 breaks and a limited number of broken cranks (Sub .01% vs. sales i would imagine) most I saw were bad installs... There are way more folks busting OPG's than snapping cranks.

On the Vortech choice we talked about last night I mentioned the JT trim. Ask [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] bout they YSI and his opinion on V7 JT/YSI vs. F1X [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]. I'd be interested to hear that as well.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
There obviously is extra load/weight on the end of the crankshaft, but with the stage 2 kit, the three pulleys are effectively sandwiched together sorta creating one lump that is basically putting pressure on the crank in the same place as stock, albeit with additional load. So in my mind, the load the crank experiences, is the same as a PD blower. This make any sense? Anybody agree with this?

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
turbos, fam. turbos are the answer.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
There obviously is extra load/weight on the end of the crankshaft, but with the stage 2 kit, the three pulleys are effectively sandwiched together sorta creating one lump that is basically putting pressure on the crank in the same place as stock, albeit with additional load. So in my mind, the load the crank experiences, is the same as a PD blower. This make any sense? Anybody agree with this?
Most will point to the weight and the fact the PC has a different pull angle vs a PD (~30* vs vertical) . The belt pulls in a different direction than the stock and could be viewed to add an additional stress point on the crank. But all big rib systems do this.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
True lol, Doctor was all about "bring that centri over so I can mop the streets with it."

Centri IATs is likely the main reason I went with Procharger being in south Florida. Go Procharger stage 2 D1x or paxton.
Sponsored