Reaction score
First Name
ashwani
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang ecoboost 2019
320CCECC-314E-4897-B877-754FC39C6D8F.jpeg
hello everyone
thanks all to read this thread

looking for your advice, please suggest to install a new setup for catback exhaust system in new ecoboost.

need deep tone.

thanks ❤❤
Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Tomei

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I have asked a lot of people about this and the most people told me that MBRP Race would be the best choice. I'd like mine with a little raspiness in the tone so I went with Roush Axle Back + Y-Pipe.
- Roush + Y-Pipe
- MBRP

Hope it would help!

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
MBRP Race will not disappoint.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
CVF or Corsa downpipe and MBRP Race exhaust.

Deleted member

x100 Absolutely love my tomei and catless downpipe setup. IMO the tomei sounds different than any other exhaust ive heard on an ecoboost. You get more burble, whistle, and all the snaps, crackles and pops you could ever want, but drone on the freeway isn't bad at all. If you don't mind spending the money, no other exhaust comes close in terms of quality except maybe borla or corsa, but those systems sound just like a cheap MBRP or Magnaflow Imo.

Sponsored

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
I have a cobb 3" turbo back exhaust with cat. It is much deeper than stock but does not pop, crack, or make any other noises that some other aftermarket exhaust do. The only thing is cobb is pricey and I'm sure there is an exhaust with same deep tone for less money I just dont know what it is. Also I have noticed that since its been tuned it is louder than when I first put it on

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have a cobb 3" turbo back exhaust with cat. It is much deeper than stock but does not pop, crack, or make any other noises that some other aftermarket exhaust do. The only thing is cobb is pricey and I'm sure there is an exhaust with same deep tone for less money I just dont know what it is. Also I have noticed that since its been tuned it is louder than when I first put it on
Its not uncommon for an exhaust tone to incrementally change for a little while after being installed as the exhaust "seasons". Eventually it reaches its final note and characteristics. My MBRP race exhaust was the same. The note got a little deeper over time and I don't have as much of the cracks and pops as I did initially, though an aggressive tune did put back a touch more pop on deceleration.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
I have the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Catback - it's a little louder and quite a bit deeper. Plus the black chrome tips are :like:.

Blk182atn7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium MT
Here is my set up it’s the best I have heard put on headphones and it’s about 90% of what it’s going to sound like in person. Since installing it has gotten deeper.

It’s from Circuit Concepts 3” catback. Still running the OEM DP currently.

Last edited:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Its not uncommon for an exhaust tone to incrementally change for a little while after being installed as the exhaust "seasons". Eventually it reaches its final note and characteristics. My MBRP race exhaust was the same. The note got a little deeper over time and I don't have as much of the cracks and pops as I did initially, though an aggressive tune did put back a touch more pop on deceleration.
I have the MBRP street and no lie driving it for the first time after putting it on I was like... WTF did I do, this is way too loud and annoying (was also top down driving). After a few days it settled in and Ive loved it ever since, disabling the fake engine noise like a year after install helped a lot too, cabin noise is way better now in terms of what you hear. Deeper is how mine went for sure as well, and yeah I dont really get cracks and pops anymore.

IMO for a fast T4 the Ecoboost engine sounds pretty ass overall, pops and bangs like even an I30N has sound so much better.
Sponsored