wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
@DRHRSH
Do you currently have active valves? If not then youll be fine, and check Corsa's website.

OP
OP
DRHRSH

DRHRSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
AWE Touring is a great option for the 15-17 cars if you want a little more volume but not a ton (I’d say it’s Stock+ or Stock++ in terms of volume). One of the best sounding exhausts out there in my mind. If you want a little more volume than that, Borla S type is a great option. It’s my favorite for these cars (15-17 and 18-23). Both Borla and AWE build quality is outstanding and neither will drone.
I like the AWE but it doesn’t appear to be available for a convertible?

OP
OP
DRHRSH

DRHRSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
If cost is a concern, I can recommend the MBRP cat-back. It's what I have on my 2015. The quality is excellent and price is right. However, it is kind of loud.
It would be nice to keep the cost down, the MBRP systems look nice. You say it is kind of loud? Which system do you have, I see they offer ”Race” and “Street”?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DRHRSH

DRHRSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Steeda H-pipe was perfect for me. No drone with a little bit more throttle bark.
I see Steeda has lots of H pipe options, which did you get? Others say doing just an H pipe gives you a “tinny”sound?

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice to keep the cost down, the MBRP systems look nice. You say it is kind of loud? Which system do you have, I see they offer ”Race” and “Street”?
I have the street version. It's loud but not as loud some other exhausts. I have a friend who had the Roush on his 2015 and it's not as load as his.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I like the AWE but it doesn’t appear to be available for a convertible?
On their site they only show coupe/fastback. Might be worth asking them if it will work with a vert? My guess is it probably won’t, usually they will specifically state if it fits a vert.

CAELUM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I am the new owner of a 2016 GT Convertible on great condition. Premium edition but stock exhaust. I want a little more sound but no drone on the highway. I have been studying but talk about confusing! Looks like just replacing the “suitcase”with any or H pipe could make a nice change? Prefer not to cut and do an axle back, so I can return to stock if I sell or don’t like it. Thanks for allowing me on this forum.
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
I am the new owner of a 2016 GT Convertible on great condition. Premium edition but stock exhaust. I want a little more sound but no drone on the highway. I have been studying but talk about confusing! Looks like just replacing the “suitcase”with any or H pipe could make a nice change? Prefer not to cut and do an axle back, so I can return to stock if I sell or don’t like it. Thanks for allowing me on this forum.
I went with the NxtStep axle back and it keeps the sound deep. Louder than stock for sure, but it's not obnoxious. It's perfect. Zero rasp. Zero drone. And I have a 2017 Mustang GT convertible. The exhaust actually sounds louder with the top UP than with the top down.

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
i went with mbrp race cat back h pipe. much louder than stock, however after installing LTH, the car was obnoxiously loud i mean stupid loud!!!!! So i ended up installing stainless works legen series with h pipe with black quad tips. OMG fantastic, agressive yet somwhat quite when you want it to be and mustang throaty loud when you want it to be. i have a non active exhaust system

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
What is the difference between one for a coupe or convertible?
Sponsored