boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Yes, I was referring that ac belt :)

There was this guess that installing a tensioner would possibly eliminate bbq tick and so I bought and installed one. No diffeence, so I rolled back to self tension belt to have no warranty issues.

I did not touch the second belt, although you probably cannot change it without ac belt replacement. You probably cannot remove it without cutting it first.
Some claim the AC tensioner stops the "2000 RPM" rattle/noise, I hear it and don't worry about it (the tick either). With as few miles as my Mustang gets it may be sold before the belts need to be changed. ;)
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Do they you know if Gates makes one for the EB Stage 2? I replaced the first Continental with a new Continental which is different as they no longer make the one that came with the SC.
You would need to remove your old belt. Run a piece of string along the pulley and measure and that's your belt size. Unless you can measure your old belt properly. But yes, Gates makes them just note how many ribs and length.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Hello ,
My 2015 gt premium has 95000 miles on it with the original drive belts. Should I be thinking of replacement asap? If so does anyone have a DIY for the job or is it better to take to the dealer? Thank you in advance
I'd replace the tensioner at that mileage too while you are in there.
Sponsored