Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
Good pics. A few that I noticed and wanted to get a better look at;

The rendering of the white car...Please make the GT350's nose look like that. Close off the ugly fog openings and give it a different grille design, and I prefer these headlights.

Also looks like Ford was still toying with a glass roof. Certainly that option can't be gone forever on the S550?

Military style badging. Who knew?

GT badge on the dash. Better than the 50 years one IMO.

Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE

Im glad they didn't go with the tail lights in theme b.
I think they almost did, as these taillights were the ones we heard about in 2012 from that design clinic. Not the actual production taillights.

Good pics. A few that I noticed and wanted to get a better look at;

The rendering of the white car...Please make the GT350's nose look like that. Close off the ugly fog openings and give it a different grille design, and I prefer these headlights.

Also looks like Ford was still toying with a glass roof. Certainly that option can't be gone forever on the S550?

Wait a minute, I just realized something. Beastie, thanks for that larger image of the 3 proposals. About 16 months ago, when some guys were invited to the S550 consumer clinic in September 2012, clearly the design was not locked in by then.

In addition, it seems that "Theme B" matches the description of the guy actually saw. Theme A wasn't shown to him, so a lot of people were mislead by his interpretation of the rear. I refer to "Theme B", as it seems to closely mimic the "water bottle" description of the taillights he gave back then.

This was his comment:
There was three segments in each of the tail lights. (Traditional Mustang). Except each segment was louvered over the next. I reached in and grabbed one of the louvers. They are three dimensional and you can put your fingers inside the louvers (pretty deep). I had my fingers inside the louver and my thumb outside the louver and my palm was wrapped around the curved part. The outside of the louvers are rounded and have the appearance of the middle section of a plastic water bottle. The inside of the louvers are flat. The entire light is red, with no white at all.

These were probably the coolest tail lights I have ever seen.

Look at them in comparison to the production ones and compare to the given quoted description above in September 2012:
Ford Mustang Design Process - 13a.jpg

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
One thing I can see in the near future with all of this clay modeling is the adaption of 3-D printing. It would seem to me that it would take much less time and effort to get near-net shape of their computerized renderings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored