roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Cats shouldn't go bad, especially not at whatever mileage you have on your 17. They are a legally required emissions control device, definitely covered under the factory 3/36. There isn't a point to replacing them really, but I would always recommend getting the work done NOW in case it is a sensor issue and not a cat issue. If it is sensor related, could be the sensor, the fuse, or the wiring and you don't want to be responsible for chasing that down - especially after modifying it further.

Either route for bbk h pipe or fabricated setup works, just ask the shop in advance. If they aren't the greatest fabricators, get the bbk pipe and then have them adapt the rest of your piping to fit. The further back your issues are, the easier they are to deal with later on.

Heat wrapping can work but it can also introduce another point of failure and trap in moisture.
Alright i guess ill head over to ford now and have them take a look at it and get it fixed if its covered.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Full disclosure: it could just be nothing too. I clear mine about once every two months, but that's because I'm catless and went with the cheap defoulers.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Everything @Nagare said. And don't wrap them. They will corrode fall apart, trap moisture, and cause more issues for you. Wrapping is for real racing and not something you want on a daily.

OP
OP
roryedits

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Full disclosure: it could just be nothing too. I clear mine about once every two months, but that's because I'm catless and went with the cheap defoulers.
Yeah, I reapplied my 93prx tune and drove about 60+ miles yesterday and the code is still gone

OP
OP
roryedits

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Everything @Nagare said. And don't wrap them. They will corrode fall apart, trap moisture, and cause more issues for you. Wrapping is for real racing and not something you want on a daily.
oh okay good to know, so just go chrome long tunes, and don't worry about wrapping, I'm starting to go to the drag strip every other week but that should still be fine right? Do you know what kind of gains i could expect with them if their catless?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
oh okay good to know, so just go chrome long tunes, and don't worry about wrapping, I'm starting to go to the drag strip every other week but that should still be fine right? Do you know what kind of gains i could expect with them if their catless?
You will be fine with just the chrome. As far as gains, hard to say. Lots of factors play into that like what mods you have already, the car's base line dyno, etc. BUT if I had to throw a number down somewhere between 10-15hp / 10-15 tq. That's a bit conservative, but again too many factors to measure out before putting a number on it.

OP
OP
roryedits

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You will be fine with just the chrome. As far as gains, hard to say. Lots of factors play into that like what mods you have already, the car's base line dyno, etc. BUT if I had to throw a number down somewhere between 10-15hp / 10-15 tq. That's a bit conservative, but again too many factors to measure out before putting a number on it.
Ah okay, still waiting to pull the trigger on it, wouldn't the 2011-2014 headers work as well?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They'll mate up on the engine side of things, but you'll have to get the remainder fabricated.

OP
OP
roryedits

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They'll mate up on the engine side of things, but you'll have to get the remainder fabricated.
cool was considering fabrication anyway since 500$ for some bbk connector crap is outrageous

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I have a 2011 v6 automatic with 32,000 miles. This is how my BBK ceramic coated long tubers headers look like on the bottom :(
?temp_hash=bba75db503aa2547ccbdf9377d436746.jpg
?temp_hash=bba75db503aa2547ccbdf9377d436746.jpg
2016-09-09 20.43.13.jpg
2016-09-09 20.44.31.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ouch what kinda conditions you driving in? I had a set for over 45k on my old 2013 3.7 and had nothing even remotely like that...mine were chrome.

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Ouch what kinda conditions you driving in? I had a set for over 45k on my old 2013 3.7 and had nothing even remotely like that...mine were chrome.
I don't know why. Never driven in the snow, we hardly get any in my state. I tried to get in touch with BBK and heard nothing from them. I guess the only thing I can do is drive it until one of them burn through and buy another pair of BBK headers. They are probably the best headers sold for our 3.7L :(

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
JBA and Bassani longtubes are really nice. Expensive in comparison though. Not sure why we knockoffs arent made for cheap for the V6 like shorties and V8 crowd.

OP
OP
roryedits

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So im ordering the headers now, do i also need to get the o2 sensor extensions? What else do i need? Im hoping to have the shop fab a connector pipe but im not sure what else ill need before i get there.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
reuse stock gaskets, you will need new cats or a new catted h or x pipe that matches the system or have custom one made, O2 extensions and defoulers