roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
reuse stock gaskets, you will need new cats or a new catted h or x pipe that matches the system or have custom one made, O2 extensions and defoulers
Alright so my car is currently at ford getting the ol check up before i get these bad bois installed. Apparently defoulers come one at a time, so i gotta order one more, Is one set of the o2 extensions all i need? Everything else should be good to go tho.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Late to the party - but are you guys talking like the 11-14 Mustang 3.7 long tubes are different from the S550 long tube headers for the 3.7? Cause they are identical. The same part number in fact. And they come with a pair of O2 sensor extensions (for the 11-14 cars). The O2 sensor extensions for the S550 have a different plug. Now the mid-pipe is different between S197 and S550.

And as far as wrapping headers.....I've wrapped chrome headers and painted headers with zero issues. All on daily drivers with regular track duty. Don't cheap out on the wrap if you go this route. Wrap them as tight as you can and secure them with metal zip ties. Had wrapped long tubes - painted them with cheap BBQ black spray paint, heated them with a torch, let them cool, wrapped 'em. They lasted over 50K miles on a daily driver with zero issues.

HTH