Sponsored

Bay Area Alignment Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Looking for an alignment shop in the bay area to get my car aligned. Car is on FRPP/BMR handling springs, CB006/CB005.

Had it aligned by one shop with good reviews (From Yelp) that stated they were a performance vehicle alignment shop. The tech stated "There's no way we can get these specs with a stock camber link". The rear camber specs requested were -1.5 degrees (Car was at -3.1 Deg). I told him he was wrong. Long story short the alignment is all over the place, ended up with -.5 degrees camber on the rear.

I need a place that is familiar with S550 alignments and are comfortable dealing the suspension.

Thanks
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
why do you want so much negative camber?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Stock rear camber and toe has very minimal adjustment ability and lowering our cars increases negative camber. Once lowered, to get much more accurate settings, you'll need to add rear adjustable camber arms and toes are recommended as well for a much larger choice of camber choices. This goes for the front as well which has no adjustment parameters in stock form which is why most will add a camber bolt or caster/camber plates which offer much more adjustment over the camber bolt. I don't know what your tire/wheel choice is if changed from stock and these add factors as well.
To answer your main question, Les Schwab does my street and track alignments all the time and they are located all over the bay area.

OP
OP
Merchant Marine S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Stock rear camber and toe has very minimal adjustment ability and lowering our cars increases negative camber. Once lowered, to get much more accurate settings, you'll need to add rear adjustable camber arms and toes are recommended as well for a much larger choice of camber choices. This goes for the front as well which has no adjustment parameters in stock form which is why most will add a camber bolt or caster/camber plates which offer much more adjustment over the camber bolt. I don't know what your tire/wheel choice is if changed from stock and these add factors as well.
To answer your main question, Les Schwab does my street and track alignments all the time and they are located all over the bay area.
Car is only lowered 3/4". The car came in at -3.5 Degrees and after checking the specs again, the car is actually at -0.1 degrees each side. The range of adjustment is there. Camber arms would definitely make it easier to adjust, I just feel like I could spend $400 on many other upgrades instead of making my alignment guys life that much easier.
why do you want so much negative camber?
For handling purposes. Car is driven hard, the camber helps with this. 0 camber is good for drag racing, not my cup of tea.

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Did you find a place? I'm going to need an alignment soon and will be installing the same mods as you haha

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No need for rear camber arms.you can go -4 on stock arms.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm In the Northbay and I went to McLeas after @db252 did a bunch of work on my ride. The tech said it was a breeze (even with my custom alignment) and only charged me an hour time.

I would highly recommend them if your in the area.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Napa/Sonoma county area
Nice. I live by the racetrack and work in Santa Rosa, not too far from you.

One of my all time favorite places is RPM engine in Rohnert Park. https://www.rpmeng.com/ The owners Brad and Fran Reich are great people and it's a family shop. tell them I sent you.

I've also had work done at Cortex at Sonoma Raceway. They are great and build mustang racecars. http://cortexracing.com/ Filip is the owner.

Some of the guys in my car club and one of my SCCA race instructors like going to Darrel at American V8 Supercars (AV8) at Sonoma Raceway. https://www.facebook.com/AV8-Supercars-651467241645953/

Another option would be Horsepower Industries in Fairfield CA. https://www.facebook.com/hrspwrindustries/ Karlo owns/operates that shop. A friend has had great experiences there.

Good luck!
Sponsored