Sponsored

Bay area alignment shop

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I am looking for recommendations for a shop anywhere in the bay area that is willing and able to go through the motions and let me pay them to get my Steeda bumpsteer kit set up correctly (load suspension, check alignment, adjust washers, load suspension, etc.). Thanks guys!
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Are you adding the lateral link with extended ball joint? Goes hand in hand with the bump steer kit so both arms stay inline with each other. It’s a great thing to add to help correct roll center.

OP
OP

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the steeda extended lateral link and the bump steer kit. It is all already installed but it was never properly adjusted and I think my toe is getting out of whack when the front suspension is loaded.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yeah, I have the steeda extended lateral link and the bump steer kit. It is all already installed but it was never properly adjusted and I think my toe is getting out of whack when the front suspension is loaded.
Since it’s already installed, all you’ll need to do is just get it aligned. Any reputable shop will be able to make the adjustments as long as the bump steer kit was put on properly. I’ve installed about 6 sets of these and you have to install the bump steer portion in a way that allows room for toe in/out adjustments and not overextend or bottom out before proper toe can be set. Ideally out of all the spacers that come with the kit, removing just one of the 3 mid spacers and using the rest matches most closely to the extended ball joint length keeping them in proper alignment.

OP
OP

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tie rod and lower control arm are roughly parallel (per the first half of the instructions) and toe is 0.0/0.1 in the front, but my concern is that I basically skipped the second half of the instructions.
Sponsored

Last edited: