Sponsored

Bass Control Knob Placement

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Where did you guys put the Subwoofer bass control knob? I was looking at placing it in the open area under the toggles, or the under side of the dash in the foot well. Both places seem like a pain to get to so I'm wondering if there is an easier route.
Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I installed mine below and to the right of the steering wheel. This is a small panel that looks like it has a vent built in Maybe 4" x 6". Pops right off. I removed the volume control from its housing, drilled a small hole and in she goes. I also mounted a toggle switch there for my in grille driving lights.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
i have mine in the center console... under the usb and 12 volt plug..... easy to get to and not seen.

OP
OP

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed mine below and to the right of the steering wheel. This is a small panel that looks like it has a vent built in Maybe 4" x 6". Pops right off. I removed the volume control from its housing, drilled a small hole and in she goes. I also mounted a toggle switch there for my in grille driving lights.
Wow thanks for the idea! That panel was really easy to pop off and there is enough room for everything behind there

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
here's where I put mine, had no use for the port since I did the dual port in the console, so I mounted my bass control knob there, its clean and out of the way

20170118_115513_zpsgmlkhluy.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks real nice, does the console have to come out to get it in there?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That looks real nice, does the console have to come out to get it in there?
thanks! yes, the face plate needs to come out, its not for the faint hearted, lol I actually had to cut the plastic part that holds in the usb port, its all on the backside and easily easily expoxied back in however

Lokilightning

No ***s
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium
Underside of steering column here. Very easy to get to and I haven't hit it with my leg. So far so good.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Put mine in the sunglasses drawer. Hidden and ready when you need it. Don't accidentally push the trunk button. Did that once and had to pull over. lol

brandonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Okay I may be acting overly cautious, but just how hard is it to pop the small panel? Does another panel have to come off before? I moved the steering wheel as far down as possible and tried prying the top left corner with my finger but it doesn’t feel like it’s budging. Don’t wanna break any clips. Any help is appreciated. Would really like my knob there.

Sponsored

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Im the laziest of all. I velcro'd mine to the console between ebrake and console. I can adjust while moving minimal muscles. Also, when I sell car, all can be removed with no evidence.

brandonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Im the laziest of all. I velcro'd mine to the console between ebrake and console. I can adjust while moving minimal muscles. Also, when I sell car, all can be removed with no evidence.
Tried to do this in the footwell with some cheap double sided tape. I guess cheap is the keyword there because fell off a couple days later. May have to pick up some quality velcro and wipe it down with an alcohol pad or something before. thanks for the idea

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Pics of in grille driving lights? :D
Sponsored