OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I think you've convinced me of a base model gt! It looks much more upscale with the red trim.
I would however be missing the MyColor that premiums have and wonder if there is a way to get some decent led placement in the base model other than ford's lame 3 led option from factory.
The base interior was for me due to a few reasons such as I prefer cloth / the base dash, didn't need MFT, $ savings for customizations, etc. It was already an upgrade over my "Pony Package" 2006 interior. MyColor would be nice but I never used it on my last ride nor does it seem to activate in daylight on the new ones.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you can still add welt to the premium interior as well but it might be more difficult and appear too much is going on. The base gives a consistent black theme with some billet in which it is easy to customize and look "premium". As someone mentioned, the real redline interior :).

I even thought about getting the interior lighting kit but it does not seem to be worth $249 (not including labor costs) when it only adds a few cheap footwell / cup holder LEDs. My sales guy even hinted it wasn't worth it because the dealer has to install it and the color is controlled with a switch (not automated) that is implemented into the center console.

That being said, I forgot to mention that I will also re-install my LED footwell lights (that connect to the map lights wire to automatically turn on/off) when I get around to it like in my 2006:

LED strips were used and you can get these from just about any auto store in various colors (red for me). They usually provide an ample amount of wire to combine and connect as well. I may also try to get a hold of some OEM or aftermarket puddle / "Mustang" entrance lights like the premium trim eventually.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Reminds me of a Nikon F3, IBM laptops, and Redwing Black bird...all in a good way. Little red on black is timeless, be careful on tho over do it.

Thanks for photos,

DeColorrs

Theby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Esteban
Vehicle(s)
My pony, finally
I saw silver gray colored in the linked seller, will look good in the center of a premium

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I saw silver gray colored in the linked seller, will look good in the center of a premium
It certainly could look good but I'm unsure of the quality of the trim from that seller.

If you try it let us know how it turns out!

jimijammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT base
I was thinking Silver/grey/white welt would go along well with the white stitching on the cloth seats of my Ingot Silver base GT. I just wish it was a little thinner. Just the dash and center stack, probably not the doors.

Sponsored

Theby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Esteban
Vehicle(s)
My pony, finally
I was thinking Silver/grey/white welt would go along well with the white stitching on the cloth seats of my Ingot Silver base GT. I just wish it was a little thinner. Just the dash and center stack, probably not the doors.
I was thinking just the center stack, I'll try it once I have my car and post some pictures. In the doors I won´t use since will not look ok with the with stitching.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Fixed all of the pic links in my posts.

saesteve416

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP Red Line
Do you know how many yards were used on the dash? I have a redline package on order and think the dash update would look great.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I'm not a fan of it on the doors, but the dash and center stack looks Great, especially accenting that carbon fiber look of the dash!

Nice job on it and for the out of the box thinking! :cheers:

Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I've actually been annoyed by the dull map lights. As a non DIY person.. Can you explain how you changed it to Leds?

Major Nickmo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.UtahGunExchange.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic w/PP
I bought the piping a while ago, took me all of 8 minutes to install it lol, just grab a good pair of scissors.
I have the PP interior, and my "accent color" is Gloss Black on the exterior so I didn't want to do a true color inside, so I ordered "silver/gray" piping. I like how it came out. OH, and I didn't do the full door like the OP, just a single line looked better IMHO. For those asking, I ordered 4 yards from the OP's linked eBay seller. Edit: it looks better in person.

Theby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Esteban
Vehicle(s)
My pony, finally
Looks very good I still don't know if use silver or white with the 50 AP interior. :headbang:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
The only "modification" I would have made on my Base V6 Convertible would have been to opt for the Ceramic Cloth Interior rather then the Ebony Black Cloth Interior. Since that was not a choice, I`m leaving mine OEM.
Sponsored