Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So I noticed today my base spoiler is lifting away from the double sided tape on the ends by the trunk’s right edge. The left side is still taped but it’s definitely stretching the foam a bit. Is this a known issue? Hopefully you can see what I’m talking about in these pics.

Full disclosure, I have had my gurney flap installed for about 1k miles but I assume this thing is supposed to handle extreme speeds on the track and the fastest I’ve had it was 80-90 on the highway a few times.

AD18BEE3-29F9-4B93-814B-EFA83A7126C8.jpeg

26FF46D6-751F-4DB6-BBBC-75638928A399.jpeg

2F20397F-6940-4796-91E8-8A141D0E629D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6
My advice would be to take the trunk lid liner off and the rubber grommets hiding the spoiler hardware and re torque everything down.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My advice would be to take the trunk lid liner off and the rubber grommets hiding the spoiler hardware and re torque everything down.
Do you happen to know the proper torque specs?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I may do this as well, I noticed my gt350 spoiler is actually doing the same thing

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm having the same trouble and I've just installed my spoiler. I made up some large metal supports that I placed under the washers to try to help draw it down, but it still isn't completely flat.

I'm actually running low on ideas and getting close to doing something crazy like squirting some kind of adhesive under there and trying to clamp it flat.

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mines been on it two years, I didn’t torque to any specific torque, just snug.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
That is strange.....I removed my spoiler to paint and it took an act of God to remove it......I can't imagine it ever lifting....

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just the shape expansion and contraction I think. I torqued them 48lbz earlier

didn’t change anything. It’s minor. If I ever take it off I will putfresh tape on. Don’t see it ever moving further though

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That is strange.....I removed my spoiler to paint and it took an act of God to remove it......I can't imagine it ever lifting....
This has been my experience as well. I am
a little surprised to see this issue, because it was an act of Congress to remove any spoiler I have ever tried previously.

Perhaps the area was not prepped correctly where the double sided tape was applied? I’ll dig through all of my paperwork to see if I can find and torque figures.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
A little surprised to see this issue, because it was an act of Congress to remove any spoiler I have ever tried previously.

Perhaps the area was not prepped correctly where the double sided tape was applied? I’ll dig through all of my paperwork to see if I can find and torque figures.
Thing is the area where it’s bolted is fine, but the part where it’s taped down is on the thin piece of the trunk by the edge, no bolts in that area.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The double side tape is so good I would have no worries removing the bolts and driving it without them.....forever.....I mean they are there so obviously I will use bolts. Had to be a fluke....someone without knowing what/how to remove spoiler could easily warp/bend/kink the deck lid removing

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
a little surprised to see this issue, because it was an act of Congress to remove any spoiler I have ever tried previously.

I prepped it. Used pure alcohol, was spotless. Guy below is right bolts are further in. I think it just gets heated cooled between the shape:surface and slightly overtime lifting. Dunno

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I prepped it. Used pure alcohol, was spotless. Guy below is right bolts are further in. I think it just gets heated cooled between the shape:surface and slightly overtime lifting. Dunno
I just find that the opposite from what I have seen lol. I swear I almost broke every spoiler I tried to pull off and cursed almost every bad work I know while doing it!

Hope you guys figure some way to correct the issue.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Removing spoiler from a brand new $80k car was nerve racking and intense. I am well versed and not a novice at doing this..This one was total PITA.
Sponsored