Sponsored

Base floor mat question...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hi,

When I ordered my car, I neglected to specify any floor mats :doh: The car came with the carpeted floor mats only (should have ordered the all-weather rubber floor mats, which are much more useful in a NW winter!).

I rectified this by buying the rubber winter mats at the dealer.

Now comes the interesting part: There were no mats on the floor in the rear seat. Should there have been? Just wondering if the dealer forgot to give those to me...

I put the rubber winter mats for the back seat down in there, so my son doesn't track crap onto the floors back there in the meantime ;)
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
The stock mats only come with the front ones, and the all-weather rubber ones come with all 4. Great choice of color BTW, maybe will see you on the road sometime!

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Mustangs have not come with matching / carpeted rear floor mats from the factory since at least 1994.

The availability of getting the 4 pc. rubber accessory mats from the factory (or on your window sticker and supplied by the dealer) is a more recent thing.

None of the factory or dealer accessory mats available in 2011 were worth using / buying, so I got both a Lloyds 4-pc carpet set AND Husky Liners for my 2011 (carpet for Spring-Fall / Husky's for Winter) ... much better than anything Ford offered then OR now.

When my 2016 comes in, I'll use the stock mats for a while and likely get Lloyds & Husky's again.

Doug

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Buy husky liners. $120 you get all four.
I like them because the edges are turned up so less change if water gets soaked into your carpet.
Don't bother with factory all weather ones, they are garbage.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Buy husky liners. $120 you get all four.
I like them because the edges are turned up so less change if water gets soaked into your carpet.
Husky Liners are the way to go. Not as beefy/heavy as WeatherTech, but the Huskys have little spikes on the back to hold them in place. I bought a set for my '14 Nissan Rogue and when I got my '16 GT it was the first thing I bought! They hold up very well and are easy to clean. I'll never own a car again without a set of them.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Husky Liners are the way to go. Not as beefy/heavy as WeatherTech, but the Huskys have little spikes on the back to hold them in place. I bought a set for my '14 Nissan Rogue and when I got my '16 GT it was the first thing I bought! They hold up very well and are easy to clean. I'll never own a car again without a set of them.
I have them in both of my cars. They are god send in the winter in my FJ. The factory rubber mats are useless melted snow would go everywhere. These hold it in so good I just take it out and dump the water.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
After putting the Husky Liner 4 pc. set in my 2011, I bought their Trunk Liner.

Loved them so much in my Mustang, I got all 4 rows for my wife's 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. Just traded that in on a 2014 Fusion and got the 4-pc. Husky Liners for it, and a different brand but very similar trunk liner.

I will be getting the Husky Liner 4-pc. set plus Trunk Liner for my 2016 Mustang before next winter.

And as i said in post #3, I'll likely get a 4-pc. set of LLoyd's carpeted mats for Spring-Fall as they blow away Ford's carpet mats.

Doug

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
They handle rain/mud/pine needles just fine :thumbsup: And you can pull them out and hose them off...

Rain, mud, and pine needles are the constituents of a Northwest winter. Snow happens at metro area elevations, but it's a rarity...and if it does happen, it's usually accompanied by ice. The Mustang is the last car in the world I'd want to be in in a NW snow storm (unless it had studded tires on it!). No offense against the Mustang, but RWD and wide tires are two strikes against winter traction ;)

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
The stock mats only come with the front ones, and the all-weather rubber ones come with all 4. Great choice of color BTW, maybe will see you on the road sometime!
Yeah, my car hasn't crossed the Columbia river yet :lol:(well, it did by train, it was shipped on the BNSF...). Do you work down here in Portland like 75% of Vancouver? ;) Don't worry, we'll be making a family trip up to see a Mariners game in Seattle one of these weekends...

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
You dodged a bullet by not ordering the all weather mats. I have them and they wore out way too quickly. My mats look like they have 40k miles on it even though it has 2k miles on it. It is very poor quality imo.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
They handle rain/mud/pine needles just fine :thumbsup: And you can pull them out and hose them off...

Rain, mud, and pine needles are the constituents of a Northwest winter. Snow happens at metro area elevations, but it's a rarity...and if it does happen, it's usually accompanied by ice. The Mustang is the last car in the world I'd want to be in in a NW snow storm (unless it had studded tires on it!). No offense against the Mustang, but RWD and wide tires are two strikes against winter traction ;)
Regardless. The Husky Liners have way better coverage. It covers everywhere your dirty shoes might touch. I would hate scrubbing dirt out of my carpet.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I was in Ross yesterday and got some armorall ones for like $15 front and back. I was autozone picking up some cleaning stuff and was looking at some for around $45. I'm in Phoenix so I don't have the weather stuff that you guys do. I have a yellow lab that sheds an insane amount so I have hair all over my floor mats and she hasn't even been in there once.

They fit pretty well and have the little spikes to keep them I place. Still have dog hair everywhere but now it vaccums right up.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I dunno about that. I bought the WeatherTech, full coverage front, rear and trunk. The Weather tech are seriously ridiculous high quality. I ended up buying for all my cars, and my sisters when she got her Fiesta.

Quality, quality, quality. Also 100% made in America. Gotta love that.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you. The LAST car in the world? you would drive a Camaro or charger before a mustang?

I see you are a fan of the Ecco car 4 cylinder. I have not driven a 4 cylinder Mustang. No offense towards having half an engine. I can tell you that driving the latest model mustangs in the snow is incredible. The way the stability and traction control work, it is has amazing capabilities. Mind you, I am talking about only my experience with an 8 cylinder, 435+ hp. I don't know what the other engine models feel like. I'm told they handle better with less weight.

I had a 1989 LX 5.0 - that mustang was nasty in the snow. But, I did it anyway with summer tires. Why? I was a kid and couldn't afford anything else. I'll struggle a few days of the year to drive my dream the rest of the time.

With just blizzaks, in snow storms, I should have no business passing AWD cars, trucks or SUVs. But it happens all the time. It is not as stable as a 328 xi I had, but it is more than capable.

Just a few years back, everyone drove RWD cars all winter. Typically with just a good all season tire. Some how, and archeologists are still working this out, people were able to get out, get to church, work, school and shopping. These people that did that were called, "Men". They are rare, but a few have supposedly been spotted driving something called, GT Premiums.

Just busting on you brother! No harm meant from here! I love all my little cousins.
Sponsored