Bad driving habits with your Mustang

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
yall listen to this one lol. back when the virus first started and everybody was takin shelter staying home i would take my jacked up fast ass 07 gt out and drive around roads like it was a track and then i would take it on like this mini interstate i call it and i would absolutely pedal to the metal right before i would do it id always say ''pop the clutch hit the pedal comin down with all this metal'' and i would go fast as hell and do burnouts and shit cause this was all right after the virus started so i said shit everybody stayin home and aint nobody on roads thats my kind of paradise lol
Wish I could go back to empty roads and no cops AND 2 dollar premium gas
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I wish I could live near a mountain pass again, though that's probably asking for trouble.
The last time I was on NM Route 244 with a car that I owned I wondered how fast I was going, looked down at the speedometer, and saw more digits than I was expecting.
Law officers get excitable when they see someone go multiples of the speed limit.

My current bad habit with my Mustang is that my fingers fumble with the reverse lockout collar a lot. Sometimes I get most of the way toward reverse without pulling the collar. More often, my fingers pull the collar when I meant to go forward.

Then I get in one of my other cars, and take a second to remember reverse is in the old position to the right and down.

I also feel like it's a bad habit that I let the Mustang's automatic rev-matching work, rather than practicing my heel-and-toe downshifts. There's something about the Mustang's pedals that makes it by far my hardest car to heel-and-toe.
...Which is a reason to keep all my old cars.

Last edited:

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I wish I could live near a mountain pass again, though that's probably asking for trouble.
The last time I was on NM Route 244 with a car that I owned, I wondered how fast I was going, looked down at the speedometer, and saw more digits than I was expecting.
Law officers get excitable when they see that kind of thing.

My current bad habit with my Mustang is that my fingers fumble with the reverse lockout collar a lot. Sometimes I get most of the way toward reverse without pulling the collar. More often, my fingers pull the collar when I meant to go forward.

Then I get in one of my other cars, and take a second to remember reverse is in the old position to the right and down.
Lmao I also mess with that shitty plastic piece, probably the last high horsepower car I buy, cant really use the car all the way on the street, not even close. Almost had a terrible ticket just going into work

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
:cwl: I have that same issue....how dare someone try to pass a Mustang....absolutely no respect. This morning on my drive to work I had that happen but I was in happy place and just let the toyota pass. :crackup:
Roads were a little wet and I just detailed it Monday so I didn't want it to get dirty! :crackup:
I just let them go feeling sorry that they have to drive THAT car. :giggle:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Gulf No Nox Premium 1978 in Long Island 0.69.9/ gal.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao I also mess with that shitty plastic piece, probably the last high horsepower car I buy, cant really use the car all the way on the street, not even close. Almost had a terrible ticket just going into work
I question my need for 460Hp on the street from time to time :crackup: but then i get over it when i hear that coyote growl.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I question my need for 460Hp on the street from time to time :crackup: but then i get over it when i hear that coyote growl.
I agree, windows down too. Got pulled over doing 40 over but he got called away, im in debt to the universe for that one, wont push my luck ,

"BUT, officer, 80mph really does feel like 60, let me show you"

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I don’t really have any bad habits to report but would agree with the clutch thing. On the other hand, here in Ontario, I am told, that if you are brave enough to do your driver’s exam in a standard you will get bad points for that, because they say you couldn’t move your car in an emergency fast enough.
Well...not quite...the driver must leave the car in gear with clutch in at stop signs/red lights.
My son did driver's ed this year. He asked his instructor about using his own car, an '86 GT 5 spd. The instructor told him about the "leaving car in gear" at stops/reds because a lot of manual drivers (me included) tend to pop it into neutral while waiting.
My son used his car and passed no problem, and his examiner LOVED his car - he himself had an '85 GT in high school, so they drove for about 45 minutes talking cars. When they returned to the MTO, the examiner told my son he was done testing after 20 minutes but wanted to drive around because the car brought back so many good memories. 😁

My worst thing I do while driving is I tend to speed (10-30 kms over).

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Well...not quite...the driver must leave the car in gear with clutch in at stop signs/red lights.
My son did driver's ed this year. He asked his instructor about using his own car, an '86 GT 5 spd. The instructor told him about the "leaving car in gear" at stops/reds because a lot of manual drivers (me included) tend to pop it into neutral while waiting.
My son used his car and passed no problem, and his examiner LOVED his car - he himself had an '85 GT in high school, so they drove for about 45 minutes talking cars. When they returned to the MTO, the examiner told my son he was done testing after 20 minutes but wanted to drive around because the car brought back so many good memories. 😁

My worst thing I do while driving is I tend to speed (10-30 kms over).
Right, in Ontario, they would knock you for taking the car out of gear and sitting foot off clutch (that's what I meant by getting "bad" points) while waiting at a light. So your son did the test as he would have had to in Ontario. It's a bit of a farce, as most people are barely paying attention at a stop light anyway, and besides, in most instances you have nowhere to "go" to escape an emergency, unless you luck out and there is no cross traffic at that particular moment.

I took my driver's exam in a '74 Newport Custom 4dr. The examiner had an evil grin on his face when he asked me to parallel park it, not knowing it was easy, since the car still had little "fins" on both the front and rear fenders and a very low greenhouse which meant you knew exactly where each corner was. He was very disappointed when he opened his door to find me parallel to the curb, about 6" off of it.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember 19¢ /gal in Houston back in the sixties.
i got my license in 74.....just in time to sit in gas lines 😩 believe it was around 50cents a gal.
My brother had an old Pontiac and had two gas tanks in the trunk :cwl: not the safest by any means!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not taking it out enough, and using every HP when I do.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been a bit more cautious when and where I get on it after getting a bit sideways a few weeks ago....

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
“Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else.”

– Ayrton Senna.

This pretty much sums it up. 🏎

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1