Sponsored

Bad day/ good outcome

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Come on, Ford thought because of the Word Shelby and/or gt350 most would moth ball the cars, and if driven, not driven hard.
But THROTTLE JUNKIES, bought them that mat the go pedal with no load on it, to hear the exhaust Sounds. And Engines later go boom because of it.
Every owner I have met with one likes to let everyone else know the sounds of that engine and throttle junkies the car all the way into and out of the Show/cruise/cars and coffee. The same way V-twin riders Do.
My bet is this has a ton to do with the failures, That and Ford needing to invest about 10 grand more in every engine with better parts.
That's actually pretty funny. Sent a picture of the car on track to a Forde exec. His answer "Good, that's why we made the car". Doesn't sound like Ford thought any such thing. And and the "Every owner I know has had an engine go boom". Your opinion is noted.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
That's actually pretty funny. Sent a picture of the car on track to a Forde exec. His answer "Good, that's why we made the car". Doesn't sound like Ford thought any such thing. And and the "Every owner I know has had an engine go boom". Your opinion is noted.
Whelp, What did you think, the Ford exec. was going to say, you use it, we never........... Come on.
Oh, and my post I said, every owner I know, seen is a throttle junkie. Maybe put your feelings and stuff aside when reading post and replying , As I did not state, everyone I know has/had the engine fail.
As for my opinion, the car is great, just needed 10k more put into the engine. Oh, and anyone that builds engines will tell you that rpm'ing the crap out of one with no load on it is not good for it.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Whelp, What did you think, the Ford exec. was going to say, you use it, we never........... Come on.
Oh, and my post I said, every owner I know, seen is a throttle junkie. Maybe put your feelings and stuff aside when reading post and replying , As I did not state, everyone I know has/had the engine fail.
As for my opinion, the car is great, just needed 10k more put into the engine. Oh, and anyone that builds engines will tell you that rpm'ing the crap out of one with no load on it is not good for it.
Since he is a personal friend Ill take him at his word. Do you non GT350 owners not have your own forum or are you just bored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Since he is a personal friend Ill take him at his word. Do you non GT350 owners not have your own forum or are you just bored
Sorry, I did not know this was only an owners club.
Elitist much? Also you seem to assume a lot also.
You have no idea what I own or don't.
Have a great day.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Have a great day.
No offense intended here. Iā€™m not going to tell someone not to visit any sub forum. That said itā€™s pretty annoying to have those comment on things they no nothing about. A lot of bashing here from those who have never even sat in a GT350. Not saying thatā€™s you as Iā€™m not going to review your past postsā€¦..Iā€™m speaking in general.
I visited here for months to gain knowledge ā€œbeforeā€ I was fortunate enough to buy a new GT350, I certainly didnā€™t rock the boat.
I enjoy the heck out of my car as It checks all the boxes for me.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Have a great day.
I apologize if you took it the way you apparently did.

No, not an Elitist. And I did not say you are not welcome here. First other people own the site, secondly even if I did I would not want to exclude anyone. I simply pose a question we all ask. What is your purpose for being here? If its to trash the GT350 in a GT350 forum you should respect the fact you are not going to be very welcome by the owners. We al know the issues with the cars. Just as a GT owner knows the weak point of those cars. There have been numerous mis representations of the car that we feel the need to correct. When we do some of our visitors double down or call us thin skinned.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Like I've said earlier, GT350 owners ( in general) have thin skin.

When someone tells me the GT's faults I don't tell them to go away. I also don't immediately think they are trashing the car. If they are, who cares I don't.

You don't know what cars I own, have owned, raced, blew up, crashed or sat in. So don't presume to know me.

I personally love the idea of the GT350. I just wish Ford spent some more R&D time on it.

This is a discussion forum, why can't we discuss this car? It is not perfect, nor is it a pile of crap.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)

When someone tells me the GT's faults I don't tell them to go away. I also don't immediately think they are trashing the car. If they are, who cares I don't.

You don't know what cars I own, have owned, raced, blew up, crashed or sat in. So don't presume to know me.

I personally love the idea of the GT350. I just wish Ford spent some more R&D time on it.

This is a discussion forum, why can't we discuss this car? It is not perfect, nor is it a pile of crap.
If Harley built airplanes, would you fly in one? šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If Harley build airplanes, would you fly in one?
HD powered light plane

This one is from Wheels through time museum. Built in the 1920's. Go to 14:20 and they fire it up. He actually taxi's it later in the video

I'd love to have a HD powered light plane. However I'd want a revolution or newer power plant in it.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

No thin skin that I have seen. Generalizations usually fail for obvious reasons. It would be the same if one of us went into the GT forum and said GT owners have an inferiority complex. Certainly not true but I'm sure there would be a strong reaction.

And exactly why we dont go into the GT forums and criticize the GT. I dont own one and it doesn't affect me. There is a fine line where you become a troll (not saying you are)

Welcome to electronic communications. None of us truly know each other. Most of us would however sit down and have a beer and good conversation

What did they put into it, How many hours? Chevrolet had lots of issues with the Corvettes in 16 I believe. Did they not do enough? Or does a lot fall on the consumer?

You can. But its always better if its fact based. Opinions are fine as long as you (I mean anyone when I say you) realize opinion is not a fact.

PS,, I love my twin

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
PS,, I love my twin
Me too. I even loved my 70's sportster whose carb fell off several times due to vibration and me being lazy and not tightening it up after every ride.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
No offense intended here. Iā€™m not going to tell someone not to visit any sub forum. That said itā€™s pretty annoying to have those comment on things they no nothing about. A lot of bashing here from those who have never even sat in a GT350. Not saying thatā€™s you as Iā€™m not going to review your past postsā€¦..Iā€™m speaking in general.
I visited here for months to gain knowledge ā€œbeforeā€ I was fortunate enough to buy a new GT350, I certainly didnā€™t rock the boat.
I enjoy the heck out of my car as It checks all the boxes for me.
He can argue with himself, so I shouldn't take it personally!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

I don't think more R&D would have accomplished much in this case. I think Ford knew what they were getting into and at times I'm amazed at what they've achieved given the limited parameters of the S550 mustang. I don't know if I would have attempted a 5.0+ liter displacement engine in a flat plane crank configuration. It's a bit of a "Frankenstein" but somehow they pulled it off and created something very unique. But... not without it's faults, however the advantages/driving experience outweigh the faults/risks in MY opinion. I did a lot of wringing of my hands and soul searching as to whether I wanted to take the risk on this car. At the end of the day the draw (looks, sound, handling, etc) was just too compelling. I also didn't have 100k + to invest, nor the additional capital to maintain something more exotic. This was within my reach and I feel like i've purchased something very special. I'm attaching a video from Motor Trend which give some very honest feedback on the 350, as well as some reasonable concerns about the vibration issues and long-term reliability.
.'

OP
OP
Thor 142

Thor 142

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Damn! I didn't mean to start a GT350 hate thread. I literally love this car. The amount of feedback to my hands and feet while I'm tracking it is almost undescribable. I dont have anything negative to say at all. Its exhilarating. All I said was that I was getting rid of it when the warranty is over. Is that so wrong? I like warrantys. And Ford did me right so far.
Another poster pointed out me chasing down and passing that Porsche. Thats why I love this car.
Check this out. A GT3 RS is how much more $ than a GT350? I didn't pass him. But I was totally on his ass for the whole session

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Damn! I didn't mean to start a GT350 hate thread. I literally love this car.
Donā€™t fret my friendā€¦ history has shown that there will always be a few select Twat Waffles that will bash the GT350 who do not own the very car they are bashing. It happens again and again. Pay them no mindā€¦ I just ignore them.

TWAT WAFFLE DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phase of ā€œTwat Waffleā€ is the sole proprietorship of nastang86xx and shall be only used with recognition to the original author of the phrase.
Sponsored