Sponsored

Back pain with seats.

Eric.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecoboost
Mustang head restraints have adjustable tilt, at least on the regular seats. You definitely want some forward tilt. Whiplash is bad. If your head is more than about 1" from the head restraint, you will be vulnerable to a whiplash.

If your head is not in contact with the headrest while sitting straight up, then either your spine is not in correct alignment and/or the muscles in your abdomen and around the front and sides of your rib cage are too tight, pulling you forward. See a massage therapist who specializes in therapeutic massage and a chiropractor for treatment. The trick is finding people who know what they're doing. You shouldn't have to tilt the headrest forward.
Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I tried the recaros, and went with the standard seats because they are so comfortable -- I've put plenty of lateral g on them too, and I've never felt a need to brace myself against anything. I have a big sway back, and have had some lower back pain, but manage it pretty well. my lower back doesn't make contact at all in the recaros, and putting my head on the integrated headrest on them puts my eyes focused on the wrong sight picture -- for me, the standard seats are just about perfect -- they are such a comfortable place to be...

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
I have stock seats and had the same problem. Took the headrest off and it's a lot better.
Sponsored