B&O 12-Speaker Upgrade [important ordering issue + solution!]

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
I optioned it on mine for 3 reasons - so I would have more factory speaker openings - I don't like cutting/modifying my cars but I have done the Crutchfield speaker replacement on a few cars.

And also to get HD radio. I was very disappointed that this was HD only was to get HD radio - it was standard on many GM and even Korean cars I've had.

And finally because as bad as some think it is, it still seems better than even the 9 speaker offering.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I need to turn the volume up higher than I think I should (like more than halfway).
something wrong there. I use level 9 or 10 all the time, and 13-15 if I'm REALLY into the groove of the song and want to play it loud. After the song is over volume goes back to 10.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Take a look at this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-i-improved-the-b-o-sound-quality-for-free.141052/

Then if the sound still isn't good enough for you, you can replace the sub:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/b-o-10-sub-replacement-guide.148813/

Then if that still doesn't work for you, give Forscan a shot. If that STILL isn't enough for you, then you're probably looking at a custom setup which is going to be pretty expensive (if you can't do your own installation, that is).

This is great, thank you for the links! Can’t wait to deep dive into everything once she gets here and let my hyper-fixation tendencies run wild lol 🤩

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
something wrong there. I use level 9 or 10 all the time, and 13-15 if I'm REALLY into the groove of the song and want to play it loud. After the song is over volume goes back to 10.
Interesting. That's the sort of volume levels I would expect. Wonder wtf is going on there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I come bearing both good and bad news about the B&O upgrade issues! I’ll edit my original post for future reference as well so folks can be as informed as possible moving forward.

After a lot of back and forth, the sales manager and I were able to figure out what needs to be selected on the dealer’s end (NOT the consumer’s “build your car” process) so the B&O upgrade is officially included, as well as the price, on the final order summary sheet submitted to Ford.

Your dealer must select the “AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio” option in their system in order to trigger the “B&O 12 Spkr Sound System” upgrade. Massive thanks to @ScottyRyan2018 for their help in identifying this solution! You were totally right and even my dealer thanked you lol

If they only select the B&O system upgrade, it won’t be added by default. If you look at the equipment group/order book listing for MY22, you’ll see the CD Player and HD radio appear to be part of the B&O upgrade package:

CE03CD7A-B507-4CA5-B8BB-273F5CA7BF65.jpeg

If you’ve already placed your order and have any concerns about whether or not your upgrade will be included, you can check your order summary and it WILL be listed! Here’s my updated order summary page that shows the change:

3291F418-6927-4472-83E9-1A8AC4AC910D.jpeg

If you don’t see it on there then I’m sorry, it won’t be included when your car is built. 😢 Since MY22 order books are closing on 8/10, there may still be time to cancel your order and have it reentered (if you recently ordered and are confident your dealer will resubmit, of course).

I had to cancel my original order but received confirmation that the new, corrected order was submitted today.

It was a massive pain and a lot of back and forth but I am so grateful to the helpful folks on these forums that made me aware this issue even existed! Thanks to everyone who shared advice and experiences with me. I hope they fix this moving forward for MY23 and beyond so folks aren’t disappointed when their cars arrive.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I come bearing both good and bad news about the B&O upgrade issues! I’ll edit my original post for future reference as well so folks can be as informed as possible moving forward.

After a lot of back and forth, the sales manager and I were able to figure out what needs to be selected on the dealer’s end (NOT the consumer’s “build your car” process) so the B&O upgrade is officially included, as well as the price, on the final order summary sheet submitted to Ford.

Your dealer must select the “AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio” option in their system in order to trigger the “B&O 12 Spkr Sound System” upgrade. Massive thanks to @ScottyRyan2018 for their help in identifying this solution! You were totally right and even my dealer thanked you lol

If they only select the B&O system upgrade, it won’t be added by default. If you look at the equipment group/order book listing for MY22, you’ll see the CD Player and HD radio appear to be part of the B&O upgrade package:

CE03CD7A-B507-4CA5-B8BB-273F5CA7BF65.jpeg

If you’ve already placed your order and have any concerns about whether or not your upgrade will be included, you can check your order summary and it WILL be listed! Here’s my updated order summary page that shows the change:

3291F418-6927-4472-83E9-1A8AC4AC910D.jpeg

If you don’t see it on there then I’m sorry, it won’t be included when your car is built. 😢 Since MY22 order books are closing on 8/10, there may still be time to cancel your order and have it reentered (if you recently ordered and are confident your dealer will resubmit, of course).

I had to cancel my original order but received confirmation that the new, corrected order was submitted today.

It was a massive pain and a lot of back and forth but I am so grateful to the helpful folks on these forums that made me aware this issue even existed! Thanks to everyone who shared advice and experiences with me. I hope they fix this moving forward for MY23 and beyond so folks aren’t disappointed when their cars arrive.
You are most welcome. I almost found out the hard way myself, but thankfully I had the PDF order guide in hand when we were doing the ordering over the phone.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
You are most welcome. I almost found out the hard way myself, but thankfully I had the PDF order guide in hand when we were doing the ordering over the phone.
I’m truly hoping we’re able to help out those who have/will order the upgrade so they don’t have to go through this or worse, not get it at all when their cars are finally delivered! I would have been so upset and disappointed and I really cut it close to the newly announced deadline to get this fixed lol

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Ask and you shall receive -
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/mustang/2022/owner-manuals/
Plus, you can download the .PDF and use the Search function to find stuff much easier than flipping through the hard-copy book, which will be hidden in the secret compartment in your glove box.
Oh good now I’ll have some late night reading material for when I can’t sleep because I’m too excited about my future car! 😂 Thank you! (I think lol)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A Mach1 in your config is only $62,000
https://shop.ford.com/configure/mus.....PAE...COU.583.44U.MAC.PRE.]?gnav=shopnav-bp

vs $60870. I'd take the M1 any day, even if you had to rip the vinyl hood penis off at delivery.

You get the better (350R/GT500) mageneride shocks, all the coolers incl transmission.
The split-5 wheels you selected are REDICULOUSLY heavy. MRR and a couple other outfits make 19x10 in basically the same shape and are 5+lbs lighter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
A Mach1 in your config is only $62,000
https://shop.ford.com/configure/mustang/config/summary/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2022|1|1.|700A.P8R..PAE...COU.583.44U.MAC.PRE.]?gnav=shopnav-bp

vs $60870. I'd take the M1 any day, even if you had to rip the vinyl hood penis off at delivery.

You get the better (350R/GT500) mageneride shocks, all the coolers incl transmission.
The split-5 wheels you selected are REDICULOUSLY heavy. MRR and a couple other outfits make 19x10 in basically the same shape and are 5+lbs lighter.
You know…that’s a great point lol and yes the vinyl hood penis would be the first thing to go! 😂 I’m surprised there’s no option to remove/not include it but I guess it’s part of the brand recognition and way to distinguish from other trims? Def not for me tho.

And my concern with ordering a Mach 1 at this point would be the potential wait time or worse, cancellation from Ford. I got a build date within four days for my GT while some poor folks from April (and even longer…) are still waiting. That’s just awful and confusing to me.
Sponsored