AWE Switchpath

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I had a AWE Touring on my old 2020 Mustang GT and loved it. My 2022 has active exhaust and I’d like to retain that.

I see a lot of people have been putting S550 exhaust on S650’s, and I see AWE makes their switchpath for the S650’s. It seems to me that if S550 exhaust fit S650’s, it should go the other way too. They part I’m not $3000 sure on is whether Ford changed the valve motor on the S650 from what the S550’s had. Anyone know for sure?

The other thought is just get a Borla S type active axle back to pair with my Borla switchfire res delete.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve not heard of any difference in the actuators but I’m not fully up to speed on S650 either. Try reaching out to AWE directly, I’ve heard their customer service is quite good. They should be able to tell if there’s any fitment or compatibility issues. S650 does have some new covers on the undercarriage but as far as I know exhaust fitment is the same as S550. Only difference might be if they changed the hangers for the mufflers. But AWE should be able to tell you all of that since they have R&D on both cars

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I’ve not heard of any difference in the actuators but I’m not fully up to speed on S650 either. Try reaching out to AWE directly, I’ve heard their customer service is quite good. They should be able to tell if there’s any fitment or compatibility issues. S650 does have some new covers on the undercarriage but as far as I know exhaust fitment is the same as S550. Only difference might be if they changed the hangers for the mufflers. But AWE should be able to tell you all of that since they have R&D on both cars
I did send them an email, a little over a week ago and haven’t gotten anything back. Kind of unusual in my experience. They were quick with responses when I had an issue on my Focus ST.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Sara/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the tag @larr12 !

I did send them an email, a little over a week ago and haven’t gotten anything back. Kind of unusual in my experience. They were quick with responses when I had an issue on my Focus ST.
My apologies! We strive to answer communication within 48 hours, seems like we dropped the ball here, PMing you to get your info so I can track down where it went off the rails.

As far as your s550/s650 question... yes the systems are different. The main differences are at the back as the rear valences are not the same so the bends, hangars, and sizing of the outlets are different to accommodate the changes that Ford made to the s650. All that to say, no our s650 suite will not bolt up to s550. And as for the valves, they were never tested with s550 so we can not say they will or won't work without further testing.

That being said, we have R&D time scheduled to implement some of our s650 design in a direct fit for the s550, so stay tuned for an easier solution if you can be patient :fistbump:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That being said, we have R&D time scheduled to implement some of our s650 design in a direct fit for the s550, so stay tuned for an easier solution if you can be patient
Yes! Been waiting for a valved S550 exhaust from you all.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yes! Been waiting for a valved S550 exhaust from you all.
FedEx did their usual. Corsa system came damaged, I didn’t accept delivery so it would be sent back. The seller on Amazon just cancelled the order. So now I’ll definitely just wait to see what AWE comes up with for our cars

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FedEx did their usual. Corsa system came damaged, I didn’t accept delivery so it would be sent back. The seller on Amazon just cancelled the order. So now I’ll definitely just wait to see what AWE comes up with for our cars
Gotta love FedEx! I actually haven’t had an issue with them for quite some time, knock on wood.

Will be interested to see what AWE comes out with as far as valved exhaust. I love the tone of their exhaust, it’s right up there with Borla for me.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Gotta love FedEx! I actually haven’t had an issue with them for quite some time, knock on wood.

Will be interested to see what AWE comes out with as far as valved exhaust. I love the tone of their exhaust, it’s right up there with Borla for me.
FedEx in the Atlanta area is the worst, they even beat the USPS for that title around here.

I had their Touring exhaust on my 2020, it was perfection. I hope the valved system with sound like the touring when the valves are opened and quiet when they’re closed. The Touring system is ridiculously loud when combined with headers.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt/Cs
FedEx in the Atlanta area is the worst, they even beat the USPS for that title around here.

I had their Touring exhaust on my 2020, it was perfection. I hope the valved system with sound like the touring when the valves are opened and quiet when they’re closed. The Touring system is ridiculously loud when combined with headers.
I can honestly say I went from the touring catback, to long tubes and now being procharged. It's significantly louder now. I'm also tempted to do a valved setup on my car to tone it down some.
Sponsored

Last edited: