Corsa sport or switchpath

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
well right now I have the corsa extreme with the catted long tubes... the first start of the day is possibly the loudest thing iv'e ever heard for 30 seconds. Once i'm on the road for a minute it's great. That said, the cold starts are so obnoxiously loud that I really want to make a change. I wish I could have the best of both worlds but I leave really early in the morning. I start my car in the garage for 15 seconds now then throw it in reverse and get the heck out of the hood but I know one guy is fixing to burn my house down.

I really just need to know if the touring mufflers will make that much of a difference. I can't get corsa on the phone but I was going to just swap them out and see what happens. Knowing in advance that it's worth it would be very helpful.
They are a pretty big difference, 9 dB peak to be precise from Corsa themselves, and probably a larger decrease given you have LTs.
Sponsored

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
The dual mode by closing off the H won't get you much for a volume reduction. It's as loud as the touring catback with it closed, per AWE. Pick the sound you like best. They're all going to be a bit loud at cold start.
To be clear, closing the H will result in a louder/more aggressive note than the Touring Edition.

When the H is open is when it is equivalent to the Touring Edition.

:thumbsup:

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
R3v, have you heard the corsa sport with headers before? I am thinking about installing the sport on mine but I already have headers installed. How are your cold starts currently? REALLY loud?
Nope, I've heard only the catback itself. It's kinda loud when u step on it but you don't look like an attention whore asshole, it's really classy and people will give you thumbs up. Cold start is loud, but again - very pleasant. And after 15-30 secs it quiets down. I had an Ecoboost with MBRP Race before I switched to GT and this is a completely different league. That thing was shit annoying piece of crap droning in every scenario, this is just masterpiece. I went for a lunch with some colleagues today and they were absolutely thrilled.

I used to trigger some car alarms with MBRP Race in garage during cold starts and driving around, it doesn't happen with Corsa. It's not a resonating sound at all, it quiets very quickly and when you're driving slowly it is just a pure pleasure sound.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just bought ARH 1 7/8" Longtubes catted today with the 3" connector to Corsa Sport. Has to be one of the best sounding 5.0 setups I have heard overall. The cats help cut down the noise a little more but it roars when you get it on it.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I just bought ARH 1 7/8" Longtubes catted today with the 3" connector to Corsa Sport. Has to be one of the best sounding 5.0 setups I have heard overall. The cats help cut down the noise a little more but it roars when you get it on it.
you did good, you did real good

Sponsored

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got the SwitchPath installed over the weekend and it isn't quiet, but it sounds sooo good. A friend that works at Ford did the installation for me and he happens to have a GT350 and was able to hear both exhausts side by side. I would say they are equally as loud, equally glorious with the SwitchPath having a lower note. I was also considering the Corsa but on the reviews I saw and read it seems to be very loud inside the car. The SwitchPath is loud inside the car only during acceleration, but it quiets down dramatically when cruising.

The sound on this thing is unreal. It is a combination of pure Mustang sound with an exotic flare. Nothing I have heard before, really good. The AWE videos do not do it justice, it sounds way better in person. The "quiet" mode is loud but not overbearing, the "loud" mode is off the hook. Love both. And the gargle on downshifts is crazy, something you can't hear on the AWE videos because they are driving an auto.

I will be making a video review soon and will post here.
Thanks for the post, would love to see a video review!! So would you say it is loud daily driving as well, just regular acceleration not WOT? I also heard Corsa was one of the quietest in the cabin so that is odd.. Decisions decisions..

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
the awe has a boomy cabin sound when accelerating or cruising at lower speeds. high speed cruising seems to have this drop off. you can hear the greatness of the exhaust note when you roll down the windows but the in cabin boom will make you talk over it and drown out the outside noise. Its a great exhaust sound for sure but im not sure if for a daily i could take the inside noise, or could find something that would block it a bit. This is a shame to me and stops a sure fire purchase.

This is on the touring catback btw.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
ARH and the Corsa is a saucy, sultry sound produced by the magnificence that is the Coyote.

*** We have our Thunderstorm in stock, you know...if you like the Corsa sound... ***

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
got plenty of corsa in this week and 3 pallets of awe as well!!!!!

hit us up

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP