Sponsored

AWE SwitchPath Demo/Review

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Incorrect. The best companies have trust in their customers and display respect towards them by not taking their money for any amount of time to replace defective product that they produced and the customer has installed on their vehicle.

If you want to know what the best companies do with customer service, spend some time researching Nordstrom and Costco. Never a charge to return, no core exchanges, no questions, no receipts. The best companies do that, struggling companies that don't respect their customers charge for shipping out product to make up for a defect and charging for core exchanges when they've produced something substandard that is now on a customer's car... sometimes resulting in additional labor charges for the customer on top of the shipping charge and core charge. You can't be taken seriously positioning yourself as the best of anything when your margin profiles don't even allow for customers to receive defect-free product without an additional charge for shipping.

After all, there is a reason I'm not the only one who took exception to the core charge and shipping charges. Multiple customers, or potential customers, did exactly that... for very good reason. Pay attention to your customer feedback, that's what the best companies do.
Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Yeah the core charge is ridiculous..... but the non refundable shipping charges to return the defective part / receive the working part is appalling. I mean really that's complete BS.

I understand Josh is here to represent his employer and sell it up as industry standard practice but it's more of an industry standard practice to have thorough QA inspections of items such as this (moving parts, electrical control) before they leave the shop and not after they're installed and found faulty. What about the guys buying these systems that are also paying to have the system installed, I can only imagine the frustration with having to pay a shop to diagnose, remove the defective part, then reinstall the working part. All this happening with multiple trips to the install shop (gas, time, etc.).

Anyway I'm done here lol good luck to anyone considering this system I hope it works out for you.

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I will start by saying this. I do not have the switch path system on my car, I have the touring.

However I have not had any issues to speak of and I am still impressed with the product after having 3 different systems on my car trying to find the right sound.

I get both sides of why people would be upset and why AWE would be concerned about parts not being returned after a replacement is issued. Not sure how many of you guys know, but AWE is a small company, maybe 50 employees? I know this because I live local and stopped by for visit of the facility. So comparing them to a large chain isn't really fair but I do understand the frustration from the customers point of view. My hope would be that AWE would take a look at their polices and try to do right be the OP to take care of his issues. I'm happy with my exhaust and I think other people are and will be as well if they go with AWE.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The deposit is returned upon receipt of what's being returned or exchanged. This is how we ensure we are getting the old parts back so we can do a thorough analysis and address root causes. Without getting old parts back, we can't determine what has gone wrong. It's a practice that the best companies do: the ones that want to actually address defects and not treat their parts as disposable.

In the end we're here to help enhance your experience behind the wheel of your car, and having fun while doing it. Period. :)
I see. This makes more sense as you have to send in the new part to the customer before the old part is received.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
By the way, my SwitchPath is still working flawlessly. I am really sorry to hear that some of you were having issues. I also went through a few exhaust systems before settling. My AWE is here to stay.

Sponsored

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
So I will start by saying this. I do not have the switch path system on my car, I have the touring.

However I have not had any issues to speak of and I am still impressed with the product after having 3 different systems on my car trying to find the right sound.

I get both sides of why people would be upset and why AWE would be concerned about parts not being returned after a replacement is issued. Not sure how many of you guys know, but AWE is a small company, maybe 50 employees? I know this because I live local and stopped by for visit of the facility. So comparing them to a large chain isn't really fair but I do understand the frustration from the customers point of view. My hope would be that AWE would take a look at their polices and try to do right be the OP to take care of his issues. I'm happy with my exhaust and I think other people are and will be as well if they go with AWE.
Thanks, Bloom. Love that you're lovin' it and hopin' you're well!

Regarding the core charge, one of the reasons it's there is to make sure we actually get the originals back (if we just sent replacements, we might not get a chance to get the original back, and therefore, never get to analyze a problem). There's always the option to send any issues back without a core charge at all, but it just slows things down a bit, because we need to get it back before sending a replacement.

Regarding the valves, we test every control box we create, and the valve assemblies are manufactured by an OEM supplier in EU which supplies valve assemblies to many of the world's automotive manufacturers. We're in the midst of reviewing this circumstance with them and I assure y'all it's a rare one, but important nevertheless.

If there ever is an issue, we *will* take care of you.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
"to make sure we get the originals back" says you don't trust your customers.

The customers that have given you over $1000 of their trust in your product, and you've sent them something defective.

And once you've confirmed there actually is something defective with the product you sent out, you aren't refunding shipping at that point?

So let me get this straight lol... you don't trust your customers so you make them pay a core charge, which you will refund once you receive the part back... but you will NOT refund a flat shipping fee ($50 is a LOT of shipping on an account like yours, after all...) once the part is determined to be defective?

So if you get a defective exhaust, you have to pay $50 MORE than someone who received what was promised upon purchase? I could maybe get behind the *refundable* core charge, but this is looking pretty criminal. OOps sorry we didn't send you a product that works as advertised, that'll be another $50 to fix it!

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I was looking into buying one of these exhausts but I have always been skeptical about electric valves on exhaust and their durability. I'm glad I found this thread because I was wondering if anyone was experiencing any issues and how the warranty was. I could understand a core charge but the idea of paying $50 shipping to replace a defective part is not acceptable to me. I appreciate the review.

magstg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT magnetic
I just wanted to comment on the AWE company and Josh on here. Josh has continued to work with me to make sure I am completely satisfied with both the exhaust (replacement H pipe) and refunds. AWE has since refunded my shipping cost and all out of pocket costs have been returned. I would have no concerns purchasing from AWE again. They have continued to be in constant contact until all items have been resolved.

Update on the exhaust valve, it seems to have sealed up after the 1st week of running it in the loud position. If anyone should have questions on the SwitchPath feel free to reach out to Josh. He is quick to respond and will make it right. If you do have any noise there are procedures to "reset" the valve. Ask Josh for procedures.

As far as the sound of the exhaust I am completely happy with the sound. One of the best sounding exhaust I've heard in person. Would purchase again. I will say though if you are looking for a completely quiet interior sound this isn't it when you are on the throttle. Very similar to Roush axle back interior sound when under load but at cruising speed it is quieter. It has a great sound coming down off throttle or at low speeds from light to light.
Sponsored