Sponsored

AWE 2015-2017 Track Edition wait time.....

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2013 C6 GS Supercharged, 2009 Viper ACR, 2004 Viper SRT 10 Supercharged,
Can I ask if you guys had to wait 4-7 weeks to have this exhaust built and delivered? I ordered online (name of company withheld right now). They showed "in stock and ready to ship". I call to see when shipment may take place and they say its 4-7 weeks even though they show to have it "in stock". He proceeds to tell me because its a hand made kit and this is "common practice". I have owned many and still own many other muscle cars and none of them ever needed to wait 4-7 weeks for an exhaust. Am I over reacting? I did get a good deal I will say. It was 200.00 less than all the other shops.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
He proceeds to tell me because its a hand made kit and this is "common practice". I have owned many and still own many other muscle cars and none of them ever needed to wait 4-7 weeks for an exhaust. Am I over reacting?
Covid-19 has impacted most all ETA's.
It's not uncommon that AWE and others wait to reach an order level to justify scheduling a production run.
JIT Inventory / Manufacturing, everyone is doing it.

QWKSLVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Mustang GT
Can I ask if you guys had to wait 4-7 weeks to have this exhaust built and delivered? I ordered online (name of company withheld right now). They showed "in stock and ready to ship". I call to see when shipment may take place and they say its 4-7 weeks even though they show to have it "in stock". He proceeds to tell me because its a hand made kit and this is "common practice". I have owned many and still own many other muscle cars and none of them ever needed to wait 4-7 weeks for an exhaust. Am I over reacting? I did get a good deal I will say. It was 200.00 less than all the other shops.
I ordered a Track to Touring conversion kit after installing LTH and it took at least 6 weeks to get that, itā€™s literally a couple hangers and pipe and mufflers. I honestly think they make them to order and are so behind because us ā€œcar dorksā€ have blown the Performance parts industry minds with how much we have purchased this past year. Itā€™s a great exhaust system and well worth the wait.

OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2013 C6 GS Supercharged, 2009 Viper ACR, 2004 Viper SRT 10 Supercharged,
Thank You both! I really appreciate it. Makes me feel much better about my experience.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
AWE build time is usually 30 business days. That dealer shouldn't have stated in stock but other than that the lead time seems about right.

-Josh

Sponsored

OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Thank You Josh. I agree that "in stock and ready to ship" shouldn't mean 4-7 weeks.

Shahram

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pre COVID I ordered my awe touring kit from American muscle. Showed up 3 days. But that was the early days when people didnā€™t even know awe made exhaust for Mustangā€™s

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I ordered my AWE Touring rear section directly from AWE pre covid. It was around 30 days for build and delivery.

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
Could be worse. I ordered a Corsa Xtreme Catback 2 weeks ago and was told 9 to 12 week backorder.

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
OP
OP
sjalilian

sjalilian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Well....should have gone with CJ Pony Parts to begin with! I'm grateful for CJPP's business ethics and correct inventory control. My ordered was placed yesterday with them and I will have the exhaust by Saturday!!! As for the other a-holes at Function Factory Performance....58 days and still nothing! Never again! I also Thank Steeda for being an amazing business as always!
I'm just now getting back into the Mustang world again and I know there are a ton of great performance shops that support this forum and can not wait to do business with you!
Sponsored