Sponsored

Avoid the Ecoboom for only $10

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Anyone know if 100% gas has any positive or negative effects on pre ignition? I have access to both 93oct with 10% ethanol and 93 with 100% gas.
Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
There's been some data logs on the Focus ST that have shown that the injectors on the cylinder that blows have up to 30% lower fuel flow than the rest of them...so show your fuel injectors some love!
Source for this???

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Anyone know if 100% gas has any positive or negative effects on pre ignition? I have access to both 93oct with 10% ethanol and 93 with 100% gas.
It should have no effect whatsoever on preignition...IIRC, Alcohol actually increases octane rating a little (at least in the 10% concentration that most pump gas in the USA is).

No alcohol=better fuel economy, though :cheers: (this is because alcohols have a lower energy density than straight up gasoline does...).

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mobile 93 octane here, car just keeps getting faster and faster, did a little spirited run today, had it up around 135mph, no problems..it wanted more, lol.

Terry

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Mobile 93 octane here, car just keeps getting faster and faster, did a little spirited run today, had it up around 135mph, no problems..it wanted more, lol.

Terry
Wish 93 was readily available up here in the NW, but hey, there are parts of the country out West (between us and the Midwest) where premium is 91 octane...:frusty: 92 is an upgrade from the places I've lived before :cool:

Of course, I used to be an airport lineboy and pumped many a piston powered aircraft up with 100 LL (which is actually closer to 115 octane using automotive measurement standards...but is unfortunately loaded with lead!) :thumbsup:
Sponsored