Sponsored

automatic updates notification asking to enable, when already enabled?

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
so, i have had this car now for about 3 months.. after purchase, the dealer went through all the setup with me, automatic updates were turned on.

fast forward about a month and upon starting the car, a notification pops up asking me if i want to enable automatic updates. thought that was weird, as they were supposed to already be enabled. no big deal, tapped on the 'enable' button and went on with my drive.

well again yesterday, i start up the car and its asking me if i want to enable automatic updates.

has anyone else had issues like this? is this normal? any ideas why it doesnt just remember the setting? should i expect to have to re-enable this setting every month for the life of the car?
Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine does this and tells me it has to be connected to wifi to "update", even though it always is. Does it every time I start the car and drives me insane.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The idiosyncrasies of Sync 3. I would suggest starting by turning off auto updates and do a master reset.

OP
OP
wade001

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
just FYI: when it came on yesterday, we were leaving the grocery, so i left the screen up all the way home. once home i turned car off, then waited 30 sec or so. turned it back on and no prompt to "turn on auto updates" any longer. then proceeded to check the options. indeed "automatic updates" were still enabled.

still not sure why the notification to turn them on. no big deal i guess.

Mine does this and tells me it has to be connected to wifi to "update", even though it always is. Does it every time I start the car and drives me insane.
weird.. have you ever done a master reset (in the sync options)? just curious.
The idiosyncrasies of Sync 3. I would suggest starting by turning off auto updates and do a master reset.
master reset was actually preformed a couple days after i purchased the car and was back home. i noticed that "shandra's iphone" had already paired to the sync system before i bought it.

it had 50 miles on it when i bought it, so i figure either one of the dealership employees, or during a test drive someone paired their phone. we're an android household, so just to make sure nothing funky was left over i did a master reset.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol Mine says that also with every single start. I guess will go back in and turn off auto updates......so is it supposed to update with engine off while stored in garage lol. I typically leave the garage after starting, so really don't think an auto update is going to happen. Heck I had to update the map with a usb and that took almost an hour. I can imagine an auto update taking a day :)

Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
There's actually two places you have to disable auto updates within sync. I had this happen to me as well. You have to turn auto updates off, auto connect/ search for wifi, and wifi. Once i disabled all 3 options it stopped showing up. Auto Updates is NOT in the same spot as the wifi options

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks, I am going to use your advice today.

There's actually two places you have to disable auto updates within sync. I had this happen to me as well. You have to turn auto updates off, auto connect/ search for wifi, and wifi. Once i disabled all 3 options it stopped showing up. Auto Updates is NOT in the same spot as the wifi options

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I thought about that and decided not to turn off the Wi-Fi. On a positive note, I haven't seen the notifications in a few days....oh never mind, I haven't started the car since last Sunday. :)

If you have and use Fordpass Connect do not turn off Wi-Fi.
Sponsored