Automatic Sync Updates not working

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
It sees a download, tries to download, stops, says scan incomplete, try again when convenient. Tried many times with same message. I even tried a Master Reset in the General section. All that did was wipe out my Favorites Destinations and my paired iPhone. Has anyone gotten this automatic update to work? I just bought a 2018 Ecoboost Mustang Premium July 25th.
Sponsored

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
Just download it onto USB and install it that way. Less headache.

OP
OP

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Would be nice if this ā€œfeatureā€ worked though wouldnā€™t it? The feature is supposed to make it less of a headache. Maybe this update installed from a USB stick will fix this feature! LOL.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I know my system did a small update via Wi-Fi after I did the major update via USB.

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Same happened to me. I had to update via USB.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The web site was telling me I had the latest version but I'm getting the usual stuck updating message on occasion.

Anyone know if there is a map update? My 2018 came with already outdated 2016 maps.

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
A few months back I had the same problem even though my ā€˜16 was always connected to WiFi at home. So I downloaded to USB exactly the way I was supposed to. That still didnā€™t work, and after several calls with Sync they finally made me go to the dealer to have it installed, and Sync admitted I had done everything correctly, the car just wouldnā€™t update. So, in other words, even the USB isnā€™t a guarantee.

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
A few months back I had the same problem even though my ā€˜16 was always connected to WiFi at home. So I downloaded to USB exactly the way I was supposed to. That still didnā€™t work, and after several calls with Sync they finally made me go to the dealer to have it installed, and Sync admitted I had done everything correctly, the car just wouldnā€™t update. So, in other words, even the USB isnā€™t a guarantee.
I came across (which I can't find now) verbage that essentially said the car will update via WiFi once the cars at the newest version. So basically your car needs to be updated to the newest version before wifi updates will be enabled. So going forward it should update I guess.

I think there's an issue if the car is more than one update behind.

I had to update mine manually via USB because I went from sync 1 to 3 and it absolutely would not update over WiFi. It probably has to due with the cars bandwidth availability and the size of the updates.

I will say I tried to update my mom's sync in her Edge to the same sync 3 via usb and it didn't work. It kept just saying it was applying update and never installed.

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I came across (which I can't find now) verbage that essentially said the car will update via WiFi once the cars at the newest version. So basically your car needs to be updated to the newest version before wifi updates will be enabled. So going forward it should update I guess.

I think there's an issue if the car is more than one update behind.

I had to update mine manually via USB because I went from sync 1 to 3 and it absolutely would not update over WiFi. It probably has to due with the cars bandwidth availability and the size of the updates.

I will say I tried to update my mom's sync in her Edge to the same sync 3 via usb and it didn't work. It kept just saying it was applying update and never installed.
Yeah thatā€™s what happened with mine. When I went to update, it still had the original Sync version and I couldnā€™t even update it via USB. Had to have the dealer physically do it because nothing was working. Hopefully I donā€™t have that issue again down the road.
Sponsored