Sponsored

Autocross class question

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
I'm new to autocross, I recently finished my third event and it looks like I'm suppose to move out of the NS class to CAM C based on the mods to my car. In the NS class I typically finish in the top half of the class, is it typical that when novices move to a class like CAM C they're going to be finishing towards the bottom for a while. I'm wondering what the normal transition out of the NS class is for the S550 guys.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to autocross, I recently finished my third event and it looks like I'm suppose to move out of the NS class to CAM C based on the mods to my car. In the NS class I typically finish in the top half of the class, is it typical that when novices move to a class like CAM C they're going to be finishing towards the bottom for a while. I'm wondering what the normal transition out of the NS class is for the S550 guys.
NS = novice?
What are your mods?

OP
OP

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
NS = novice?
What are your mods?
Sorry, NS= novice street. I have basic suspension bolt on’s to stiffen up the irs and differential. I also have long tubes which I think puts me in CAM C.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, expect it to take some time before you expect to be competitive outside novice classes. Takes a while for most people to learn the line, get good at balancing the car at the limit and staying there for most of the run.

Also having the right tires is often worth an easy -2 seconds on a the average course.

joelw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base w/ PP
CamC has a great PAX factor. Depending on how many fast guys you have in your club, you should be fairly competitive or at-least in the front half with 2 mods:
-Seat time
-Tires

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Lesson 1 - pay attention to where mods put you.

CAM-C allows basicly any and all engine mods, suspension mods, and aero mods. The only thing you can't do is run tires with less than 200 treadware or take a lot of weight out of the car/strip the interior.

But the tire limitation does limit the advantages of more modified and powerful cars.

The progression is like FS, STU (not well classed), ESP, CAM-C, SM (not well classed), CP, EM.

PS - It is the stop the hop stuff that bumps you directly to CAM-C or above. Long tubes are legal everywhere but FS (and STU if catless).
Sponsored

Last edited: