Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Went to the Philadelphia Auto Show today. A little disappointing. Ford had (1) 2015 ,S550 on display and you could not get near it. The vehicle is in Guard color with the 4 banger. The same as is already posted. But here is where it gets good. I go to a show host an inquire about details on the interior color choices, Horsepower projected numbers, Styling additions, and what not. He kept info close to the vest and stated the information will be available soon and Ford has decided to move the start up date forward.
Thinking He didn't have a clue I then approached another host, Great looking Honey. She knew less than he did. But I was explaining the concept of the new 4 cylinder Turbo to my friend and she tripped herself up by saying what I was telling him was correct. Why all the Bulls***? If you're promoting a brand new design DO IT. I'm making an educated guess that Ford really doesn't want to have lots loaded with unsold 2014 models.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Thinking he didn't have a clue I then approached another host, great looking honey. She knew less than he did. But I was explaining the concept of the new 4 cylinder Turbo to my friend and she tripped herself up by saying what I was telling him was correct. Why all the Bulls***? If you're promoting a brand new design DO IT.

This didn't make sense. What did she trip herself up over?

GTsquid

No offense but this whole thread doesnt make sense.

Are you saying you are disappointed because they won't give any info? Did you really expect them to at the auto show to just random visitors when they aren't giving any info away to the media at the press days? Consider also they usually have really clueless reps at the public show days.

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
This didn't make sense. What did she trip herself up over?
Initially she stated there were three engine choices and was a little vague about the description of each. I was explaining to my buddy the 4 cylinder has the exhaust manifold incorporated into the head as one piece. This is where she stated "He is correct" SO first she says she doesn't know very much about the 4 cylinder. and then she agrees with me about the cylinder head design and the turbo. You guys are not the only one who was a little confused. What I really couldn't understand was why there was no answers about a two tone interior in the coupe. We have seen it in the ragtop.

I told her I was on a Pre order list at my local dealer, then she took my name and address as well as my e-mail and stated Ford will contact me and send as much ordering info as possible

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Unless it's a Major US Show like Detroit or New York, most of the "Reps" that give their schpiel at Auto Shows are usually hired from local agencies and simply given a script and very little else to go on.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Unless it's a Major US Show like Detroit or New York, most of the "Reps" that give their schpiel at Auto Shows are usually hired from local agencies and simply given a script and very little else to go on.
This^ I swatted the reps away like flys. So Annoying as they spouted obvious facts while I took in the new Mustang.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This^ I swatted the reps away like flys. So Annoying as they spouted obvious facts while I took in the new Mustang.

"Did you know Ford is celebrating the Mustang's 50th anniversary?"

:lol:

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I just got back from the same place. I was unimpressed, too. I would have started my own thread, but I'll say it here. This is just my opinion.

We circled around the whole show before I dragged my friend to Ford's display. I know it's a preproduction car, but the way it was roped off kinda sucked.

The car looks really long and big in person, bigger than the 2014 GT500 they had near it. The grille doesn't work as well in person, and you can easily see all the fake grille work vs the actual holes. The fog lights and brows don't work. I hate them. I hated them in pictures, I hate them in real life.

Side profile and color were gorgeous. Rear is a fat ass. Three quarter rear is great. Loved the ducktail spoiler. Lights are okay. Hated the piano black panel on lid, and the pony, I've never like anything there. The license plate should be there a la SN95.

Seats look awesome, would have loved to sit in them. But really, I want the Focus ST seats in every car I drive. Those things were incredible. As long as they're power, heated, and cooled I could have them in any car. I want them in my Speed. So, please, give me them as an option on the S550.

At this point, I would have to be blown away when I drive one, and the NA HiPo model has to have incredible specs.

I was floored by the 2011 when it came out, and the 2012 Boss 302. The interiors are sooooo bad compared to a lot of other cars, but exterior they do it for me. I loved that redesign. This one...meh. I thought I would like it more in person. It just looks soooo big.

I will definitely test drive a GT at some point, but specs and feel are going to be the major push to buy one. Visually, I'm hoping there's an evolution.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, for comparison: the GM C7 display was crowded and loud with people playing with the car and posing for pictures. No roped off area, lots of reps. Lots of kids.

The S550 was only a couple of us, but pretty empty. Announcer was blasting bullshit about the F-1Meh and some other cars. Focus ST was there in Fuck Me Yellow with black stripes. Evil GT500 in black, a blue V6 S197, and a GHIG S197 GT. I sat in the S197 GT. And the Focus ST.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
You my man, need glasses (regarding your comments about size). I recently visited some family in Philadelphia and saw the car in person also and it is significantly smaller looking than the 2014 GT500. It also boggles my mind someone who loves the 2011 design complaining about the 2015 having a fat rear end. Are you serious?

At this point I will just say for eveyrone's benefit on this forum, go see the car for yourself and don't trust personal impressions of people online. I am constantly amazed at the ridiculousness of some of these personal impressions that fly in the face of known dimensions/specs. Some people say it is tiny and Euro and others say it is huge. In reality it is the same basic size but it is slightly lower, wider, and more toned looking than the previous years. You have to be totally blind, biased or not know what the CURRENT Mustang looks like to say that it looks bigger.

There is a thread on this very site with comparison photos. Judge for yourself but most of all, reserve judgment until you see it for yourself.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Now, MY impressions? It is a great looking car, easily the sexiest profile of any Mustang ever. As with every Mustang, with some tasteful mods it will be an absolute stunner, as some of the renders have already suggested.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I just got back from the same place. I was unimpressed, too. I would have started my own thread, but I'll say it here. This is just my opinion.

We circled around the whole show before I dragged my friend to Ford's display. I know it's a preproduction car, but the way it was roped off kinda sucked.

The car looks really long and big in person, bigger than the 2014 GT500 they had near it. The grille doesn't work as well in person, and you can easily see all the fake grille work vs the actual holes. The fog lights and brows don't work. I hate them. I hated them in pictures, I hate them in real life.

Side profile and color were gorgeous. Rear is a fat ass. Three quarter rear is great. Loved the ducktail spoiler. Lights are okay. Hated the piano black panel on lid, and the pony, I've never like anything there. The license plate should be there a la SN95.

Seats look awesome, would have loved to sit in them. But really, I want the Focus ST seats in every car I drive. Those things were incredible. As long as they're power, heated, and cooled I could have them in any car. I want them in my Speed. So, please, give me them as an option on the S550.

At this point, I would have to be blown away when I drive one, and the NA HiPo model has to have incredible specs.

I was floored by the 2011 when it came out, and the 2012 Boss 302. The interiors are sooooo bad compared to a lot of other cars, but exterior they do it for me. I loved that redesign. This one...meh. I thought I would like it more in person. It just looks soooo big.

I will definitely test drive a GT at some point, but specs and feel are going to be the major push to buy one. Visually, I'm hoping there's an evolution.
Wow, I think my 2013 looks alot bigger than the 2015. The 2015 sits lower than mine did stock but the 2013 is defintely longer. The 2015 looks more compact imo. I didn't like the 2015 at all, Im so glad I bought a 2013 and have modded it to my liking. The 2015 rear end is awesome however. That's the only feature I liked. The interior in my premium is good enough for me.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it is dimensionally slightly smaller, but it looked larger while I was standing there. Maybe if I could stand next to it like I was the S197? Dunno. It'll be better to see it in person out on the road or at a dealership.

Also, I think I see fairly well with corrective lenses.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I know it is dimensionally slightly smaller, but it looked larger while I was standing there. Maybe if I could stand next to it like I was the S197? Dunno. It'll be better to see it in person out on the road or at a dealership.

Also, I think I see fairly well with corrective lenses.
Ive seen them both side by side actually and it's for certain that 2015 is smaller all around (more compact). Now that my car is lowered is looks alot smaller than stock. No more ass up in the air!

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The second pic that Lavien posted, if they are scaled correctly, the S550 looks longer. I think it's because of how the greenhouse goes. I like individual parts of the car. I'd love it if it were 90% actually size.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I don't know what to say to it "looks" longer when it is 0.2" shorter. And I would agree I want it to be 90% of its size but it has nothing to do with the 2015. It's just Mustangs have gotten too big over the years but this is more true of the current car than the 2015.

Another comparison. Starting at 0:45 is where I think it is clear the "visually smaller" is in favor of the S550, not the S197
[ame]
Sponsored