Sponsored

Auto show impressions

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I am 6'3" tall, and I get into and out of the 15 Mustang that I have with no issues. I have about 2 inches head clearance with my seat set to the lowest position. I did go to the Indy Auto Show and sat in many cars. If you want zero head room, go buy a new Camaro. With the seat in the full down position I can not sit up straight in that seat without hitting the roof. Anyone over 6'1" or so will not be able to comfortably drive that car. I also have an 05 Mustang GT and it has plenty of headroom too. What I like most is that unlike 4 door cars like the Fusion and the Focus, which I also have, you can easily get out of the Mustang. If you are tall in a 4 door car, you have the front seat back and the door pillar between the front and back door is in the way of getting out of the driver's seat. So the Mustang is so much easier to deal with than a 4 door car for us taller guys.

I rented a 2012 Camaro SS in Vegas with my ex...I can agree with that, the Camaro is very cramped. Seat fully back, down and angled back was required for me to have normal posture and comfort.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Im 5'6 and my head touches the back window when i sit in the backseat. Its not a total deal breaker and its okay for short trips, but i can't see putting anyone back there taller than me.

Magmetallic15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt, 2005 Mustang GT
I think the 15 Camaro is worse than even that 12 was you drove. It may be the seats are different. I was in the new Z28.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
Lets be real, nobody is buying a Mustang based on rear seat space. The only one ever back there is my almost 2 year old little boy, and his seat fits fine..

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I don't often disregard an entire post and its content wholesale, but I think I have to with the original post. So much subjective opinion stated as fact and just plain bad info. Since when is the Thunderbird nearly as important or prestigious as the Mustang? If this were true it also would have been in continuous production. I don't even know how to respond to the rest of it.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
There's plenty of head room in the front - the back not so much if you're over 5'8". What might make it inconvenient for a taller/bigger/older person would be sitting so low. That can take a toll on the body. But for me, the car fits like a glove.

OP
OP

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
Part of the design problem is the high hood and window sills. Here are a few photos:

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I don't often disregard an entire post and its content wholesale, but I think I have to with the original post. So much subjective opinion stated as fact and just plain bad info. Since when is the Thunderbird nearly as important or prestigious as the Mustang? If this were true it also would have been in continuous production. I don't even know how to respond to the rest of it.
I'm with you brother...this one lost me:)

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Part of the design problem is the high hood and window sills. Here are a few photos:

This I can agree with. Ive been complaining about this crappy high beltline trend for years. And theyve got gotten angled more and more too to add insult to injury. Ends up making the rear windows look like slits. I dont know which fool first had this stupid idea to angle the belt line upward like it thinks its a goddamned rocket, only problem the bottom is still a straight line. So you end up having odd shaped windows, a tiny greenhouse, its just a mess and a self inflicted mess on modern cars. I think part of it is stupid new side safety regulations too, so the doors are much higher.

Brad34221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
I only have ONE complaint about my 15 Stang. The sound system. I don't like it. The audio quality is below average. Granted I didn't spend the extra coin for the Shaker system, but comments I've read say it's nothing to brag about. I wasn't expecting McIntosh car audio, but something halfway decent.

Aside from that, the car is a complete dream!! I am 5'11" and have plenty of headroom. My son who is 14 and is 5'7" rides in the back. He takes his shoes off, and sits "diagonally". It works. The car is what it is. If you need comfortable rear seating buy a four door sedan, or better yet an SUV.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I can't say I've ever even thought about whether the beltline is high or slanted up or not.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
The beltline and vis are waaay better than the other "ponycar" on the market...fwiw.